Genetic testing?

Kristen

We had my husband tested (97 mutation panel) because we started trying to conceive. If it had come back positive, we would have tried to adopt. Luckily, it was negative. Good luck to you!

Kristen

We had my husband tested (97 mutation panel) because we started trying to conceive. If it had come back positive, we would have tried to adopt. Luckily, it was negative. Good luck to you!

Kristen

Kristen

Kristen

ashleydog

I am curious what "preventitives" your CF dr was thinking of. My husband did not get tested (much to the dismay of my family) but that was the decision we made. My CF doc supported that decision, but the genetic people at the OB office kept pestering me about it. Our first son does not have CF, he is a healthy kid other than food allergies. We are praying our new baby ( due in Feb) will be just as healthy.

ashleydog

I am curious what "preventitives" your CF dr was thinking of. My husband did not get tested (much to the dismay of my family) but that was the decision we made. My CF doc supported that decision, but the genetic people at the OB office kept pestering me about it. Our first son does not have CF, he is a healthy kid other than food allergies. We are praying our new baby ( due in Feb) will be just as healthy.

ashleydog

ashleydog

ashleydog

GordonsGirl

I got tested as soon as Gordon and I decided to move in together. Basically, we wanted to know where we stood in the event of a "surprise" pregnancy (I have lived in constant fear of this since I was a teenager, it's so ironic that now we're going to doctors to get help getting pregnant). The test came back negative, and it's helping now that we are looking into assisted reproductive technology. I know it shouldn't, but it makes the doctors much more helpful. I would get the test just to have that step checked off.

GordonsGirl

I got tested as soon as Gordon and I decided to move in together. Basically, we wanted to know where we stood in the event of a "surprise" pregnancy (I have lived in constant fear of this since I was a teenager, it's so ironic that now we're going to doctors to get help getting pregnant). The test came back negative, and it's helping now that we are looking into assisted reproductive technology. I know it shouldn't, but it makes the doctors much more helpful. I would get the test just to have that step checked off.

GordonsGirl

GordonsGirl

GordonsGirl