Getting a Portable Nebulizer

thesapphirekat

Hi. I'm new to this site. How wonderful to have a place to share.

My 11 yr. old daughter was diagnosed with CF when she was a little over a year old.

Breathing treatments can consume a lot of our time. We are thinking of getting a portable nebulizer for the car (so we can do a treatment on the way to school & on the way home). Has anybody ever used one? Thanks! Kat

thesapphirekat

My 11 yr. old daughter was diagnosed with CF when she was a little over a year old.

Breathing treatments can consume a lot of our time. We are thinking of getting a portable nebulizer for the car (so we can do a treatment on the way to school & on the way home). Has anybody ever used one? Thanks! Kat

thesapphirekat

Chaggie

your best be to doing nebs in a car is to get a power converter that hooks into the cigarette lighter. Make sure you get a good one though because if it doesn't make enough power the compressor might not run right.

Another option is the eFlow if you can get your doctor to write a prescription for it and the insurance will cover it.

Chaggie

your best be to doing nebs in a car is to get a power converter that hooks into the cigarette lighter. Make sure you get a good one though because if it doesn't make enough power the compressor might not run right.

Another option is the eFlow if you can get your doctor to write a prescription for it and the insurance will cover it.

Chaggie

mtgreen30

we purchased the pari trek portable and we love it. My son is 12 and he can take it with him when he stays over at a friends and on vacations. It comes with its own little carry case that looks like a small purse, and it is very light weight. Well worth the money. We use it alot since he is still getting treatments 4 times aday.

mtgreen30

we purchased the pari trek portable and we love it. My son is 12 and he can take it with him when he stays over at a friends and on vacations. It comes with its own little carry case that looks like a small purse, and it is very light weight. Well worth the money. We use it alot since he is still getting treatments 4 times aday.

mtgreen30

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Chaggie</b></i>

</end quote></div>

Or the compressor will run, but it will have lower PSI which will make the med not be as effective.

I wouldn't chance it......

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Another option is the eFlow if you can get your doctor to write a prescription for it and the insurance will cover it.</end quote></div>

eFLow is a better option because it's battery powered and you always know that you're getting all the med.

if your child is on a nebbed anitibiotic (colistamethate or tobi), the eFlow will be free.

NoExcuses

</end quote></div>

Or the compressor will run, but it will have lower PSI which will make the med not be as effective.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Another option is the eFlow if you can get your doctor to write a prescription for it and the insurance will cover it.</end quote></div>

eFLow is a better option because it's battery powered and you always know that you're getting all the med.

if your child is on a nebbed anitibiotic (colistamethate or tobi), the eFlow will be free.

NoExcuses

</end quote></div>

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mtgreen30</b></i>

we purchased the pari trek portable and we love it. My son is 12 and he can take it with him when he stays over at a friends and on vacations. It comes with its own little carry case that looks like a small purse, and it is very light weight. Well worth the money. We use it alot since he is still getting treatments 4 times aday.</end quote></div>

know that the PARI Trek <b> cannot </b> be used with Pulmozyme, TOBI or colistin.

the trek cannot get the particle size small enough, rendering the drugs useless.

NoExcuses

we purchased the pari trek portable and we love it. My son is 12 and he can take it with him when he stays over at a friends and on vacations. It comes with its own little carry case that looks like a small purse, and it is very light weight. Well worth the money. We use it alot since he is still getting treatments 4 times aday.</end quote></div>

know that the PARI Trek <b> cannot </b> be used with Pulmozyme, TOBI or colistin.

the trek cannot get the particle size small enough, rendering the drugs useless.

NoExcuses

Liza

We have 2 Pari Treks. One for each of our daughters. I researched it and checked with our clinic before buying them. We bought the first one in 04 for my younger daughter to take to cheer camp. We loved it so much that we bought our older daughter one for college. I specifically checked for Pulmozyme because I knew that you can not use an ultra sonic with Pulmozyme. I don't know if something has changed in the last couple off years but when I bought ours they were OK to use with Pulmozyme. We were told that they could not be used for longer than half an hour without a danger of over heating. They automatically shut off when they get too hot. We can do three treatments in a row, and never had a problem with it shutting off. All our CF docs know that is what they use with their meds. None has said they aren't getting the proper dispensing of their meds.

Liza

We have 2 Pari Treks. One for each of our daughters. I researched it and checked with our clinic before buying them. We bought the first one in 04 for my younger daughter to take to cheer camp. We loved it so much that we bought our older daughter one for college. I specifically checked for Pulmozyme because I knew that you can not use an ultra sonic with Pulmozyme. I don't know if something has changed in the last couple off years but when I bought ours they were OK to use with Pulmozyme. We were told that they could not be used for longer than half an hour without a danger of over heating. They automatically shut off when they get too hot. We can do three treatments in a row, and never had a problem with it shutting off. All our CF docs know that is what they use with their meds. None has said they aren't getting the proper dispensing of their meds.

Liza

Uli

I would also recommend the eflow. As it shortens the times of inhalation a lot, maybe you don´t even have to use it in the car; but if you still want that, its no problem and it makes no sound and is very small too.

Uli,44,Germany

Uli

I would also recommend the eflow. As it shortens the times of inhalation a lot, maybe you don´t even have to use it in the car; but if you still want that, its no problem and it makes no sound and is very small too.

Uli,44,Germany