Girl with CF on The View

Scarlett81

I have to say, some of you are so negative. That segment was fabulous! Stephanie did a great job, she was cute, poised, intelligent, and explained cf very well, in a very human way. People care alot more about seeing a kid explain it in normal terms, than in a textbook way.

Stephanie-if you or your family checks this out-which people, is highly likely-you did a great job sweetheart!

People-she is 12 years old. Rosie also has an attachtment to cf b/c of it affecting her family. I think she handled it in a positive way while also trying to educate people. What is wrong with saying-there will be a cure in our lifetime?-What is wrong with being optimistic? (You know they say sometimes if you verbalize an affirmation, it can come true.) After watching that, I felt warm and happy, and proud of her-not depressed and miserable. If I didn't know what cf was, I'd feel much more likely to donate than if I had watched a depressing miserable tale of cf-there's enough of that on Tv. Bringing Rent out and seeing her sing at the end esp made it inspirational.

I don't mean offense to anyone at all, of course each person in entitled to their own opinon. But I am very upset at the thought of criticizing this kid, or criticizing Rosie for being optimistic. (And I can't stand Rosie....) I'm tired of all the downers saying its wicked to hope for a cure.

Scarlett81

I have to say, some of you are so negative. That segment was fabulous! Stephanie did a great job, she was cute, poised, intelligent, and explained cf very well, in a very human way. People care alot more about seeing a kid explain it in normal terms, than in a textbook way.

Stephanie-if you or your family checks this out-which people, is highly likely-you did a great job sweetheart!

People-she is 12 years old. Rosie also has an attachtment to cf b/c of it affecting her family. I think she handled it in a positive way while also trying to educate people. What is wrong with saying-there will be a cure in our lifetime?-What is wrong with being optimistic? (You know they say sometimes if you verbalize an affirmation, it can come true.) After watching that, I felt warm and happy, and proud of her-not depressed and miserable. If I didn't know what cf was, I'd feel much more likely to donate than if I had watched a depressing miserable tale of cf-there's enough of that on Tv. Bringing Rent out and seeing her sing at the end esp made it inspirational.

I don't mean offense to anyone at all, of course each person in entitled to their own opinon. But I am very upset at the thought of criticizing this kid, or criticizing Rosie for being optimistic. (And I can't stand Rosie....) I'm tired of all the downers saying its wicked to hope for a cure.

JazzysMom

Overall I think it was good. I also dont believe Rosie should have said, that she was sure or guarateees or however she worded it, that there would be a cure in our life time. I also am not optimisitc. Mainly because of the complexity & after 30 years of hearing it, I dont hold my breath. I hope it is~~~dont get me wrong. I cried with the Mom as she watched this lovely girl meet Rent. Something else I noticed & was wondering if it was just me or not....Rosie was talking about the enzymes & how her nephew took them in applesauce. She SEEMED to make an effort to not say that he passed away, but made a joke that he will never eat applesauce again. I thought it odd that she "acted funny" in my opinion with regards to her nephew, Joey. Either way the show has a large audience & rosie has a following so its great publicity for CF!

JazzysMom

Overall I think it was good. I also dont believe Rosie should have said, that she was sure or guarateees or however she worded it, that there would be a cure in our life time. I also am not optimisitc. Mainly because of the complexity & after 30 years of hearing it, I dont hold my breath. I hope it is~~~dont get me wrong. I cried with the Mom as she watched this lovely girl meet Rent. Something else I noticed & was wondering if it was just me or not....Rosie was talking about the enzymes & how her nephew took them in applesauce. She SEEMED to make an effort to not say that he passed away, but made a joke that he will never eat applesauce again. I thought it odd that she "acted funny" in my opinion with regards to her nephew, Joey. Either way the show has a large audience & rosie has a following so its great publicity for CF!

JazzysMom

cfcndlelady

I think Stephanie did a good job. For only being 12 years old she was able to explain it in a way that the public could understand. I'm not quite sure what to think of Rosie's comment that there will be a cure in our lifetime. I know they say they are working for it, but....who wants to find a cure when there is so much money to be made when we all still have it. I was bawling...(crying like a little baby) when the cast from RENT came out!!! Heck I was still crying 10 minutes later when the news came on! LOL

Caren 34 w/CF

cfcndlelady

I think Stephanie did a good job. For only being 12 years old she was able to explain it in a way that the public could understand. I'm not quite sure what to think of Rosie's comment that there will be a cure in our lifetime. I know they say they are working for it, but....who wants to find a cure when there is so much money to be made when we all still have it. I was bawling...(crying like a little baby) when the cast from RENT came out!!! Heck I was still crying 10 minutes later when the news came on! LOL

Caren 34 w/CF

cfcndlelady

Caren 34 w/CF

sue35

I don't think anyone is saying that the girl did a bad job. Of course she did fine, she is only 12 and she did great. I just didn't like the cure comment. I understand she couldn't make it sound horrible because the girl is only 12 but I didn't like how she seemed to gurantee a cure.

sue35

I don't think anyone is saying that the girl did a bad job. Of course she did fine, she is only 12 and she did great. I just didn't like the cure comment. I understand she couldn't make it sound horrible because the girl is only 12 but I didn't like how she seemed to gurantee a cure.

sue35

sue35

Also, I am pretty sure her nephew is still alive so that is why he doesn't have applesauce anymore. Maybe I am wrong though

sue35

Also, I am pretty sure her nephew is still alive so that is why he doesn't have applesauce anymore. Maybe I am wrong though

sue35

jena

Check out the website for her nephew: www.joeyfund.org
Looks like he passed away at age 12, but I am not sure how long ago. I am sure she just meant that he never had applesauce again (once he didn't need it mixed and could swallow the pills whole). She probably didn't want to speak in past tense out of respect to the little girl who was there with her.

jena

Looks like he passed away at age 12, but I am not sure how long ago. I am sure she just meant that he never had applesauce again (once he didn't need it mixed and could swallow the pills whole). She probably didn't want to speak in past tense out of respect to the little girl who was there with her.

jena

Rokiss12

the segment did make me cry... weirdly reminded me of me when i was 12 because me and a friend did a conference speech... i just remember how nervous i was!

Rokiss12

the segment did make me cry... weirdly reminded me of me when i was 12 because me and a friend did a conference speech... i just remember how nervous i was!

Rokiss12