Going to Disneyworld!!!

beccasmom

We just got back from Disneyworld 3 days ago. I have 3 kids 6,4,2 and my 2 year old has CF. She is on oxygen. We had no issues traveling with it or the vest or our multitude of medicines and nebulizer. They have a great Children's hospital in Orlando that is used to dealing with CF issues, I checked it out before we left, since every other time we have gone anywhere my daughter has ended up in the hospital. We had no issues. The weather was amazing. The two things that we did to ease my worries about the kids getting lost was writing my cell phone # on thier arms with a sharpie and taking a picture of them each morning before we left the hotel so if they did get lost we would remember exactly what they were wearing. We did not need either thing. The crowds were not bad at all except for on Saturday. This is the perfect time of year to go.

beccasmom

We just got back from Disneyworld 3 days ago. I have 3 kids 6,4,2 and my 2 year old has CF. She is on oxygen. We had no issues traveling with it or the vest or our multitude of medicines and nebulizer. They have a great Children's hospital in Orlando that is used to dealing with CF issues, I checked it out before we left, since every other time we have gone anywhere my daughter has ended up in the hospital. We had no issues. The weather was amazing. The two things that we did to ease my worries about the kids getting lost was writing my cell phone # on thier arms with a sharpie and taking a picture of them each morning before we left the hotel so if they did get lost we would remember exactly what they were wearing. We did not need either thing. The crowds were not bad at all except for on Saturday. This is the perfect time of year to go.

beccasmom

beccasmom

beccasmom

jena

You really shouldn't worry. I live in the Dallas area and know how popular this trip is. They are going to take VERY good care of you so that you don't HAVE to worry. Given all the medical conditions, they are going to be very careful about germ protection. The Kraddick people and the Disney people will take VERY good care of you. Let yourself be pampered and enjoy yourself. The Disney people are so AWESOME in dealing with people with special needs. We went on our own this past summer and they gave us the BEST treatment. No lines... no worries!
A friend of mine with 5 children (11,9,7, and 4 year old twins.... the 7 year old has a condition leaving her totally disabled.... wheelchair bound... unable to talk... on feeding tubes) took a Make a Wish trip there recently. She just RAVED on the wonderful time they had and how well they were taken care of.
You will be too!
Relax and have FUN! And let us know how it went!!!! So excited for you!

Jena

jena

You really shouldn't worry. I live in the Dallas area and know how popular this trip is. They are going to take VERY good care of you so that you don't HAVE to worry. Given all the medical conditions, they are going to be very careful about germ protection. The Kraddick people and the Disney people will take VERY good care of you. Let yourself be pampered and enjoy yourself. The Disney people are so AWESOME in dealing with people with special needs. We went on our own this past summer and they gave us the BEST treatment. No lines... no worries!
A friend of mine with 5 children (11,9,7, and 4 year old twins.... the 7 year old has a condition leaving her totally disabled.... wheelchair bound... unable to talk... on feeding tubes) took a Make a Wish trip there recently. She just RAVED on the wonderful time they had and how well they were taken care of.
You will be too!

Jena

jena

You will be too!

Jena

jena

You will be too!

Jena

jena

<br />A friend of mine with 5 children (11,9,7, and 4 year old twins.... the 7 year old has a condition leaving her totally disabled.... wheelchair bound... unable to talk... on feeding tubes) took a Make a Wish trip there recently. She just RAVED on the wonderful time they had and how well they were taken care of.
<br />You will be too!
<br />Relax and have FUN! And let us know how it went!!!! So excited for you!
<br />
<br />Jena

M

mneville

We just returned with our 4 year old CFer as well. We had an awesome time!! We also got the front of the line courteousy. We used the stroller as a wheelchair. It was great not to have people breathing all over him and no hot lines! Have fun!

M

mneville

We just returned with our 4 year old CFer as well. We had an awesome time!! We also got the front of the line courteousy. We used the stroller as a wheelchair. It was great not to have people breathing all over him and no hot lines! Have fun!

M

mneville

M

mneville

M

mneville

ReneeP

Thanks so much for all of your replies! It eases my mind a little to hear of everyone having such a great time there. Not that I doubt that we will. I guess stressing out is just part of being a mom. It's not like we haven't taken vacations before, but something about Disneyworld has just always sounded overwhelming to me.

I went and bought a Disneyworld guide book yesterday and I am going to plan out as much as I can to try to prevent any fighting over where we are going and when. While I specialize in stressing out, my two teenagers specialize in fighting with each other... and I really don't want to deal with that on this trip.

Kidd Kraddick is providing us with T-Shirts to wear each day while we are at the parks so that will help in trying to keep up with everyone. And I will definately use the tip about taking pictures of the kids each day. Great idea! When we've gone to amusement parks in the past I have always written my name and phone # on a piece of paper and made them carry it in their pockets as well... mostly with the younger ones of course.

Thanks again for all the responses!!! I'm sure we will have a wonderful time. I just have to learn to relax and let go a little.

ReneeP

Thanks so much for all of your replies! It eases my mind a little to hear of everyone having such a great time there. Not that I doubt that we will. I guess stressing out is just part of being a mom. It's not like we haven't taken vacations before, but something about Disneyworld has just always sounded overwhelming to me.

I went and bought a Disneyworld guide book yesterday and I am going to plan out as much as I can to try to prevent any fighting over where we are going and when. While I specialize in stressing out, my two teenagers specialize in fighting with each other... and I really don't want to deal with that on this trip.

Kidd Kraddick is providing us with T-Shirts to wear each day while we are at the parks so that will help in trying to keep up with everyone. And I will definately use the tip about taking pictures of the kids each day. Great idea! When we've gone to amusement parks in the past I have always written my name and phone # on a piece of paper and made them carry it in their pockets as well... mostly with the younger ones of course.

Thanks again for all the responses!!! I'm sure we will have a wonderful time. I just have to learn to relax and let go a little.

ReneeP

ReneeP

ReneeP

<br />
<br />I went and bought a Disneyworld guide book yesterday and I am going to plan out as much as I can to try to prevent any fighting over where we are going and when. While I specialize in stressing out, my two teenagers specialize in fighting with each other... and I really don't want to deal with that on this trip.
<br />
<br />Kidd Kraddick is providing us with T-Shirts to wear each day while we are at the parks so that will help in trying to keep up with everyone. And I will definately use the tip about taking pictures of the kids each day. Great idea! When we've gone to amusement parks in the past I have always written my name and phone # on a piece of paper and made them carry it in their pockets as well... mostly with the younger ones of course.
<br />
<br />Thanks again for all the responses!!! I'm sure we will have a wonderful time. I just have to learn to relax and let go a little.
<br />
<br />