Great Strides

Nicole

Okay, so I have started to get my thoughts together about what I want my letter to say this year. This is only our second year doing great strides. Last year we far exceeded our goal and we hope to do as well this year. My husband is in the military and they are not allowed to fund raise at work so our donations came from mostly family and friends. I am so grateful that everyone was so generous last year but do you find that people continue to give the same amount every year? I'm afraid that they will be thinking, "Now she's going to ask us every year for this?" and we won't be able to raise as much. I'd hate for this to turn into a negative thing for some people. Does somebody who has been doing this longer than me have any tips or suggestions?

Nicole

Okay, so I have started to get my thoughts together about what I want my letter to say this year. This is only our second year doing great strides. Last year we far exceeded our goal and we hope to do as well this year. My husband is in the military and they are not allowed to fund raise at work so our donations came from mostly family and friends. I am so grateful that everyone was so generous last year but do you find that people continue to give the same amount every year? I'm afraid that they will be thinking, "Now she's going to ask us every year for this?" and we won't be able to raise as much. I'd hate for this to turn into a negative thing for some people. Does somebody who has been doing this longer than me have any tips or suggestions?

Nicole

Nicole

Nicole

S

sdelorenzo

I have been involved with Great Strides for the past six years. Every year I feel like how can ask these people to donate AGAIN! But people are so thoughtful. I have people thanking me for letting them know how my kids are doing. Every year our donations have doubled. Not sure how much longer that can go on! I do take people off our donation list who haven't give in two or three years. But then I have had some of those people ask me why they haven't received a Great Strides letter. Try not to worry too much about it.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 6 and Jack, 4 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

I have been involved with Great Strides for the past six years. Every year I feel like how can ask these people to donate AGAIN! But people are so thoughtful. I have people thanking me for letting them know how my kids are doing. Every year our donations have doubled. Not sure how much longer that can go on! I do take people off our donation list who haven't give in two or three years. But then I have had some of those people ask me why they haven't received a Great Strides letter. Try not to worry too much about it.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

mom2haydie

I would definitely put together a video (we did ours on One True Media. You can see it in my post "A Lurker becomes a member") and email it out to everyone in you email address book. It reached so many people that otherwise wouldn't have heard about your fundraising efforts. I sent ours out to just a handful of people last year and it has now been viewed almost 350 times! I emailed the link to the video out with our Great Strides home page that way people could donate or join the team right after they saw the video. We ended with donations from people we don't even know because it got forwarded on to so many people. I always ask in my email that, even if people can't donate at that time, they forward the message on. It may reach someone in another state that knew nothing about CF and will now make a donation the next time they receive labels in the mail or hear of a CF fundraiser in their area. The more people we can get connected to the foundation, the closer we get to the cure! Sorry for the long post!
Best of luck to you and your team!-Alyssa

mom2haydie

I would definitely put together a video (we did ours on One True Media. You can see it in my post "A Lurker becomes a member") and email it out to everyone in you email address book. It reached so many people that otherwise wouldn't have heard about your fundraising efforts. I sent ours out to just a handful of people last year and it has now been viewed almost 350 times! I emailed the link to the video out with our Great Strides home page that way people could donate or join the team right after they saw the video. We ended with donations from people we don't even know because it got forwarded on to so many people. I always ask in my email that, even if people can't donate at that time, they forward the message on. It may reach someone in another state that knew nothing about CF and will now make a donation the next time they receive labels in the mail or hear of a CF fundraiser in their area. The more people we can get connected to the foundation, the closer we get to the cure! Sorry for the long post!

mom2haydie

mom2haydie

mom2haydie

M

Mommafirst

Sharon...You always raise a great deal, don't you? Aren't you quoted in the CFF fundraising packet? That's awesome!!!! I'm glad to hear eceryone continues to remain generous every year.

M

Mommafirst

Sharon...You always raise a great deal, don't you? Aren't you quoted in the CFF fundraising packet? That's awesome!!!! I'm glad to hear eceryone continues to remain generous every year.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst