Having a hard time getting my baby to gain weight.

S

shazie81

My Son is 5 months old and is 12.12oz and 25 inches and his nutritionist wants him to weigh more. They say an ounce a day is good and some times he does that then other times he does not. He is just starting to eat 5 to 6 ounces at a feeding. So any ideas on helping him gain the weight? Our formula for his bottles are 4 1/2oz of water and 3 scoops of formula and 1/2 teaspoon of Polycose. Then we do 6 ounces of water with 4 scoops formula and still just a 1/2 teaspoon of Polycose. So if you have done anything that has helped your child and can give me some ideas that would be great.

S

shazie81

My Son is 5 months old and is 12.12oz and 25 inches and his nutritionist wants him to weigh more. They say an ounce a day is good and some times he does that then other times he does not. He is just starting to eat 5 to 6 ounces at a feeding. So any ideas on helping him gain the weight? Our formula for his bottles are 4 1/2oz of water and 3 scoops of formula and 1/2 teaspoon of Polycose. Then we do 6 ounces of water with 4 scoops formula and still just a 1/2 teaspoon of Polycose. So if you have done anything that has helped your child and can give me some ideas that would be great.

S

shazie81

S

shazie81

S

shazie81

kitomd21

Which formula are you using? Have his enzymes been adjusted? We've had success with NeoSure (Enfamil)...it has more calories/fat than traditional formulas....

kitomd21

Which formula are you using? Have his enzymes been adjusted? We've had success with NeoSure (Enfamil)...it has more calories/fat than traditional formulas....

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

S

shazie81

Right now we have him on Similac Sensitive. Where do you get the formula that you talked about? We put him on this one because he had some tummy problems with formula that had Lactose in it.

S

shazie81

Right now we have him on Similac Sensitive. Where do you get the formula that you talked about? We put him on this one because he had some tummy problems with formula that had Lactose in it.

S

shazie81

S

shazie81

S

shazie81

beccasmom

My daughter is 2 and we have had an impossible time getting her to gain weight, she was 17 pounds at a year, 19 pounds at 18 months and 20 pounds at two. We have tried everything. Our doctor had us add oil and cream to her bottles, this did not help, but recently we started adding coconut oil to her food and her bottle, she loves it and she gained 2 pound in the monht since we started using it. It has worked great and has lots of health benifits.

beccasmom

My daughter is 2 and we have had an impossible time getting her to gain weight, she was 17 pounds at a year, 19 pounds at 18 months and 20 pounds at two. We have tried everything. Our doctor had us add oil and cream to her bottles, this did not help, but recently we started adding coconut oil to her food and her bottle, she loves it and she gained 2 pound in the monht since we started using it. It has worked great and has lots of health benifits.

beccasmom

beccasmom

beccasmom