Having a hard time getting my baby to gain weight.

PlumPerfect

my son is almost 3 months and is at 13 pounds as of 2 weeks ago. I ended up switching him myself to goats milk and I put brown rice syrup in it to sweeten it and fatten it. we also add a formula size scoop per oz of liquid
If you have questions about this message me

PlumPerfect

my son is almost 3 months and is at 13 pounds as of 2 weeks ago. I ended up switching him myself to goats milk and I put brown rice syrup in it to sweeten it and fatten it. we also add a formula size scoop per oz of liquid

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

<br />If you have questions about this message me

BabyBeauty

How many calories per ounce is the recipe you use? My 7 month old is on 30 calories per ounce, which has helped. Regular recipes of formula are 20 calories per ounce.

We have used Neosure, Gentlease, Pregestimil, and now we are on Elecare. The Elecare is the one that has worked for us. She has a milk allergy so this has helped with her vomiting.

Neosure and Gentlease you can get a the grocery store. Pregestimil is only at select grocery stores. Elecare has to be special ordered.

We have had ups and downs on Avery's weight gain so we have tried a lot of different tactics. PM me if you need any specifics about the formulas.

BabyBeauty

How many calories per ounce is the recipe you use? My 7 month old is on 30 calories per ounce, which has helped. Regular recipes of formula are 20 calories per ounce.

We have used Neosure, Gentlease, Pregestimil, and now we are on Elecare. The Elecare is the one that has worked for us. She has a milk allergy so this has helped with her vomiting.

Neosure and Gentlease you can get a the grocery store. Pregestimil is only at select grocery stores. Elecare has to be special ordered.

We have had ups and downs on Avery's weight gain so we have tried a lot of different tactics. PM me if you need any specifics about the formulas.

BabyBeauty

BabyBeauty

BabyBeauty

<br />
<br />We have used Neosure, Gentlease, Pregestimil, and now we are on Elecare. The Elecare is the one that has worked for us. She has a milk allergy so this has helped with her vomiting.
<br />
<br />Neosure and Gentlease you can get a the grocery store. Pregestimil is only at select grocery stores. Elecare has to be special ordered.
<br />
<br />We have had ups and downs on Avery's weight gain so we have tried a lot of different tactics. PM me if you need any specifics about the formulas.

jennc0315

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>beccasmom</b></i>

My daughter is 2 and we have had an impossible time getting her to gain weight, she was 17 pounds at a year, 19 pounds at 18 months and 20 pounds at two. We have tried everything. Our doctor had us add oil and cream to her bottles, this did not help, but recently we started adding coconut oil to her food and her bottle, she loves it and she gained 2 pound in the monht since we started using it. It has worked great and has lots of health benifits.</end quote></div>

Where do you purchase the Coconut Oil? We have also been adding cream to Logan's milk, extra butter to his food, etc and nothing seems to be working. He is staying about 20.5 pounds

jennc0315

My daughter is 2 and we have had an impossible time getting her to gain weight, she was 17 pounds at a year, 19 pounds at 18 months and 20 pounds at two. We have tried everything. Our doctor had us add oil and cream to her bottles, this did not help, but recently we started adding coconut oil to her food and her bottle, she loves it and she gained 2 pound in the monht since we started using it. It has worked great and has lots of health benifits.</end quote></div>

Where do you purchase the Coconut Oil? We have also been adding cream to Logan's milk, extra butter to his food, etc and nothing seems to be working. He is staying about 20.5 pounds

jennc0315

jennc0315

My daughter is 2 and we have had an impossible time getting her to gain weight, she was 17 pounds at a year, 19 pounds at 18 months and 20 pounds at two. We have tried everything. Our doctor had us add oil and cream to her bottles, this did not help, but recently we started adding coconut oil to her food and her bottle, she loves it and she gained 2 pound in the monht since we started using it. It has worked great and has lots of health benifits.</end quote>

jennc0315

<br />
<br />My daughter is 2 and we have had an impossible time getting her to gain weight, she was 17 pounds at a year, 19 pounds at 18 months and 20 pounds at two. We have tried everything. Our doctor had us add oil and cream to her bottles, this did not help, but recently we started adding coconut oil to her food and her bottle, she loves it and she gained 2 pound in the monht since we started using it. It has worked great and has lots of health benifits.</end quote>
<br />
<br />Where do you purchase the Coconut Oil? We have also been adding cream to Logan's milk, extra butter to his food, etc and nothing seems to be working. He is staying about 20.5 pounds

MargaritaChic

Did your doctor give you any idea when you can start feeding him baby food? We started Emma at 6 months. She is gaining weight alot faster since we added baby food and rice cereal.

She still drinks formula at 4 1/2 scoops for 8 ounce bottle. We also add butter to his baby food.

She gained 3 pounds 1 ounce in 2 months and is now at 18 pounds 11 ounces.

MargaritaChic

Did your doctor give you any idea when you can start feeding him baby food? We started Emma at 6 months. She is gaining weight alot faster since we added baby food and rice cereal.

She still drinks formula at 4 1/2 scoops for 8 ounce bottle. We also add butter to his baby food.

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />She still drinks formula at 4 1/2 scoops for 8 ounce bottle. We also add butter to his baby food.
<br />
<br />She gained 3 pounds 1 ounce in 2 months and is now at 18 pounds 11 ounces.