Having a hard time getting my baby to gain weight.

beccasmom

The health food stores sell coconut oil for weight loss and according to the research that I did before I started my daughter on it the coconut oil helps with weight loss when uses with a restricted calorie diet in place of other fats. I suspect it is the restricted calorie diet causing the weight loss and it is being used as a replacement not an addition.

We are still using the coconut oil with good sucess as a high calorie addition to our regular regimine. So I add coconut oil to her already higher than normal calorie food. The coconut oil is easy to digest, it melts really easy, is clear and has a very slightly sweet taste, so she does not notice it in her food. It also is not overly greasy, so especially in things like grilled cheese sandwiches I can use alot more coconut oil than I would butter or margarine. I usually coconul oil both sides of her bread. The coconut oil is 120 calories per tablespoon as opposed to butter which is 100 calories per tablespoon.

We use whatever brand the health food store has cheapest. I have found the virgen oil melts best.

beccasmom

The health food stores sell coconut oil for weight loss and according to the research that I did before I started my daughter on it the coconut oil helps with weight loss when uses with a restricted calorie diet in place of other fats. I suspect it is the restricted calorie diet causing the weight loss and it is being used as a replacement not an addition.

We are still using the coconut oil with good sucess as a high calorie addition to our regular regimine. So I add coconut oil to her already higher than normal calorie food. The coconut oil is easy to digest, it melts really easy, is clear and has a very slightly sweet taste, so she does not notice it in her food. It also is not overly greasy, so especially in things like grilled cheese sandwiches I can use alot more coconut oil than I would butter or margarine. I usually coconul oil both sides of her bread. The coconut oil is 120 calories per tablespoon as opposed to butter which is 100 calories per tablespoon.

We use whatever brand the health food store has cheapest. I have found the virgen oil melts best.

beccasmom

beccasmom

beccasmom

<br />
<br />We are still using the coconut oil with good sucess as a high calorie addition to our regular regimine. So I add coconut oil to her already higher than normal calorie food. The coconut oil is easy to digest, it melts really easy, is clear and has a very slightly sweet taste, so she does not notice it in her food. It also is not overly greasy, so especially in things like grilled cheese sandwiches I can use alot more coconut oil than I would butter or margarine. I usually coconul oil both sides of her bread. The coconut oil is 120 calories per tablespoon as opposed to butter which is 100 calories per tablespoon.
<br />
<br />We use whatever brand the health food store has cheapest. I have found the virgen oil melts best.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I bought some at walmart to cook with; however, I chose the cheapest container, which wasn't the virgin oil and which cost twice as much. The stuff I got seems to resemble hardened crisco.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I bought some at walmart to cook with; however, I chose the cheapest container, which wasn't the virgin oil and which cost twice as much. The stuff I got seems to resemble hardened crisco.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

macarenacondon

My 5 months son has gained weight in very good curve since he is taking Pediasure and Creon 10000 with every feeding. Maybe you can ask your doctor about this formula.

macarenacondon

My 5 months son has gained weight in very good curve since he is taking Pediasure and Creon 10000 with every feeding. Maybe you can ask your doctor about this formula.

macarenacondon

macarenacondon

macarenacondon

BrettsMom

I just started using Organic Cream of Coconut last week for Brett. I had tried coconut oil, but it separated in the bottle. Cream of Coconut is actually ground up coconut meat, and it also has a high concentration of oil, but mixes great with formula because of the creamy milky texture. There are 120 calories in a 2 ounce serving. I am mixing 3 scoops of formula, 2 scoops of rice cereal, 3 ounces of water and 2 ounces of Cream of Coconut for each bottle. He's gained half of a pound in a week. I melt the Cream of Coconut in a glass measuring cup for 30 seconds in the microwave to get out the lumps and pour it into his bottle. I am also going to start feeding him mashed potatoes w/butter, cream and a little salt. Make sure you get Organic Coconut Cream. It's also sometimes called Coconut Milk, which is misleading because coconut milk is the actual liquid inside the coconut. Hope this helps.

Dori, mom to Brett - 6 months old w/CF, and Brandon - 2, carrier.

BrettsMom

I just started using Organic Cream of Coconut last week for Brett. I had tried coconut oil, but it separated in the bottle. Cream of Coconut is actually ground up coconut meat, and it also has a high concentration of oil, but mixes great with formula because of the creamy milky texture. There are 120 calories in a 2 ounce serving. I am mixing 3 scoops of formula, 2 scoops of rice cereal, 3 ounces of water and 2 ounces of Cream of Coconut for each bottle. He's gained half of a pound in a week. I melt the Cream of Coconut in a glass measuring cup for 30 seconds in the microwave to get out the lumps and pour it into his bottle. I am also going to start feeding him mashed potatoes w/butter, cream and a little salt. Make sure you get Organic Coconut Cream. It's also sometimes called Coconut Milk, which is misleading because coconut milk is the actual liquid inside the coconut. Hope this helps.

BrettsMom

BrettsMom

BrettsMom

<br />
<br />Dori, mom to Brett - 6 months old w/CF, and Brandon - 2, carrier.