Having children

65rosessamurai

Edited: Striking original comment because it's a waste of my time to explain my opinion...maybe that' selfish, but oh well! Not the first, and won't be the last time I've been accused of being selfish.
Besides, my comment was what I found to be in general, and none of it is explicitely my personal point of view. i.e. not everyone has to take care of their parents, and not everyone expects their children to take care of them, much less the ONLY reason for children is that reason, but in many cases the parents get to a point where they cannot help/support themselves, and their children end up in the situation to care for them. I, do not in any way have any enjoyment, much less selfishness, in taking care of the MIL, but with her situation, she cannot be left alone, that's inhumane!
On a final note, it is my life, my decisions, and me who has to accept consequences to bad decisions, and I've already done my share of bad decisions (haven't we all at one time or another?). All those who agree with me will support me, as I would support their views that I agree with. All those who oppose my decisions, opinions, just don't <b>SHOVE</b> your opinions down my throat!
One of these days, I'll learn my boundaries of expressing my opinions and private matters.

65rosessamurai

Edited: Striking original comment because it's a waste of my time to explain my opinion...maybe that' selfish, but oh well! Not the first, and won't be the last time I've been accused of being selfish.
Besides, my comment was what I found to be in general, and none of it is explicitely my personal point of view. i.e. not everyone has to take care of their parents, and not everyone expects their children to take care of them, much less the ONLY reason for children is that reason, but in many cases the parents get to a point where they cannot help/support themselves, and their children end up in the situation to care for them. I, do not in any way have any enjoyment, much less selfishness, in taking care of the MIL, but with her situation, she cannot be left alone, that's inhumane!
On a final note, it is my life, my decisions, and me who has to accept consequences to bad decisions, and I've already done my share of bad decisions (haven't we all at one time or another?). All those who agree with me will support me, as I would support their views that I agree with. All those who oppose my decisions, opinions, just don't <b>SHOVE</b> your opinions down my throat!
One of these days, I'll learn my boundaries of expressing my opinions and private matters.

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

bluemoon222

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>And what is wrong with "just" being a mother? Perhaps that was what I was put here to be - a wife and mother, and an artist second. No hard feelings, I know where you are coming from, but please don't insult my primary vocation in life, either. I put a lot of time, energy and research into raising my child and running my household. Other people get paid a lot of money to do what I do, and I don't even get a childcare tax break! </end quote></div>

This is almost exactly what I was going to say.

First, let me explain...yes I have cf. Yes I have a child. And YES I am selfish. I am also demanding and bossy. SO what? I had my kid before I knew I had CF. Does that make me selfish for bringing a child into my world? Either way, it's fine. Go ahead and think that I am a selfish person or not. I am happy. I have a child that is happy. We have a fun life. Best of all, I am extrememly healthy. Having children is a personal choice and it doesn't matter how you go about it whether thru adoption, or ivf or any other ways...just do it, committ to it and be happy. And if someone calls you out for being selfish, well, who cares?

bluemoon222

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>And what is wrong with "just" being a mother? Perhaps that was what I was put here to be - a wife and mother, and an artist second. No hard feelings, I know where you are coming from, but please don't insult my primary vocation in life, either. I put a lot of time, energy and research into raising my child and running my household. Other people get paid a lot of money to do what I do, and I don't even get a childcare tax break! </end quote></div>

First, let me explain...yes I have cf. Yes I have a child. And YES I am selfish. I am also demanding and bossy. SO what? I had my kid before I knew I had CF. Does that make me selfish for bringing a child into my world? Either way, it's fine. Go ahead and think that I am a selfish person or not. I am happy. I have a child that is happy. We have a fun life. Best of all, I am extrememly healthy. Having children is a personal choice and it doesn't matter how you go about it whether thru adoption, or ivf or any other ways...just do it, committ to it and be happy. And if someone calls you out for being selfish, well, who cares?

bluemoon222

bluemoon222

bluemoon222

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>And what is wrong with "just" being a mother? Perhaps that was what I was put here to be - a wife and mother, and an artist second. No hard feelings, I know where you are coming from, but please don't insult my primary vocation in life, either. I put a lot of time, energy and research into raising my child and running my household. Other people get paid a lot of money to do what I do, and I don't even get a childcare tax break! </end quote>

bluemoon222

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>And what is wrong with "just" being a mother? Perhaps that was what I was put here to be - a wife and mother, and an artist second. No hard feelings, I know where you are coming from, but please don't insult my primary vocation in life, either. I put a lot of time, energy and research into raising my child and running my household. Other people get paid a lot of money to do what I do, and I don't even get a childcare tax break! </end quote>

bluemoon222

How do you know I am not psychic? Just kidding. I didn't know I had CF, but I wasn't exactly the most healthy person. At the time, I was told I had Lupus. But even still, had I known I had CF, I still would have had my son. He is the love of my life, next to my hubby of course. He is what I was put on this earth for. I know that sounds lame, especially to those who have ambitious careers. I always thought I would go to college, have a career and if I had time, have kids maybe. Now, I am a stay-at-home Mom who makes cookies, knits, scrapbook my kids every moment, and I am also happier than I could have ever imagined. Who'da thunk it? And it may in fact be selfish, but everyone is selfish, with the possible exception of Ghandi, Mother Theresa, and possibly Oprah. I can live with that. I have been called much worse.

bluemoon222

How do you know I am not psychic? Just kidding. I didn't know I had CF, but I wasn't exactly the most healthy person. At the time, I was told I had Lupus. But even still, had I known I had CF, I still would have had my son. He is the love of my life, next to my hubby of course. He is what I was put on this earth for. I know that sounds lame, especially to those who have ambitious careers. I always thought I would go to college, have a career and if I had time, have kids maybe. Now, I am a stay-at-home Mom who makes cookies, knits, scrapbook my kids every moment, and I am also happier than I could have ever imagined. Who'da thunk it? And it may in fact be selfish, but everyone is selfish, with the possible exception of Ghandi, Mother Theresa, and possibly Oprah. I can live with that. I have been called much worse.

bluemoon222

bluemoon222