HELP...I don't know what else to do...

mom2lillian

Suzie-sounds like you are doing everythign right but for whatever reason your family is doing everythign wrong. I can completely see why your family is willing to lie for her being that they now realize their butts are on the line too. Your mom is not the only one that is neglectful in this situation, your aunt and uncle should be ashamed of themselves and my guess is that they are but now they are more worried about important issues --like seeming to be blameless in the situation which necessitates lying.

It is most likely that she will continue to lie to them for some time and refuse you visitation but they are of the age where they will start to see through this and even if worst comes to worst be able to make their own decisions in a couple years.

I am sure if you stay the course and continue to follow all teh right chanels something will have to be done about this by the authorities.

take care and continue posting

mom2lillian

Suzie-sounds like you are doing everythign right but for whatever reason your family is doing everythign wrong. I can completely see why your family is willing to lie for her being that they now realize their butts are on the line too. Your mom is not the only one that is neglectful in this situation, your aunt and uncle should be ashamed of themselves and my guess is that they are but now they are more worried about important issues --like seeming to be blameless in the situation which necessitates lying.

It is most likely that she will continue to lie to them for some time and refuse you visitation but they are of the age where they will start to see through this and even if worst comes to worst be able to make their own decisions in a couple years.

I am sure if you stay the course and continue to follow all teh right chanels something will have to be done about this by the authorities.

take care and continue posting

suziecoffeebean

So my little sister calls me today to let me know that my mom had her number changed so that Children's Services would not call the house. She got a private number for the same reason. Lauren also told me that mom and jenny(the nurse) and karim(the doctor) sat the kids down and explained to them that they have a really mild case that doesn't require any treatment at all. She got my brother so worked up that Lauren said now he is even willing to lie cause he doesn't want to be taken away and she told them that they wouldn't ever be able to see her again. Lauren called me even though mom told her not to and she will probably get in trouble when the bill comes. She told her that if she called me she would be in deep *****. Lauren also said childrens services showed up at the house and mom wouldn't let them answer the door. So I called Children's services to tell them this and they said that they will keep going out til they find her. Anyways, I am furious that my mom is telling the kids this stuff. What is wrong with these people do they think it won't ever come up that a nurse and doctor told them they didn't need anything? I am soo mad right now. She also told the kids that people with this disease live to be in the 80s all the time. I am truly disgusted with them all.

suziecoffeebean

So my little sister calls me today to let me know that my mom had her number changed so that Children's Services would not call the house. She got a private number for the same reason. Lauren also told me that mom and jenny(the nurse) and karim(the doctor) sat the kids down and explained to them that they have a really mild case that doesn't require any treatment at all. She got my brother so worked up that Lauren said now he is even willing to lie cause he doesn't want to be taken away and she told them that they wouldn't ever be able to see her again. Lauren called me even though mom told her not to and she will probably get in trouble when the bill comes. She told her that if she called me she would be in deep *****. Lauren also said childrens services showed up at the house and mom wouldn't let them answer the door. So I called Children's services to tell them this and they said that they will keep going out til they find her. Anyways, I am furious that my mom is telling the kids this stuff. What is wrong with these people do they think it won't ever come up that a nurse and doctor told them they didn't need anything? I am soo mad right now. She also told the kids that people with this disease live to be in the 80s all the time. I am truly disgusted with them all.

suziecoffeebean

suziecoffeebean

suziecoffeebean

suziecoffeebean

JORDYSMOM

Suzie - I'm glad your sister called you. It's too bad she didn't think to call you collect so it wouldn't show up on the bill. If you now have the new phone number, can you call during the times your Mother is out and still talk with your sister?

It sounds like Children's Services is taking you seriously though, since they said they will keep going out until they reach her. I hope they get through to her. You would think that the relatives in the medical field would advise her to take them to see a doc if for no other reason than to prove you wrong!

I hope you get them the help they need. If not, it sure won't be for lack of trying on your part. As someone above mentioned, it won't be long until you bro & sis are old enough to make their own decisions. When that time comes, they will get their information from an unbiased doctor and they will know you had their best interest at heart.

Keep hanging in there!

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Suzie - I'm glad your sister called you. It's too bad she didn't think to call you collect so it wouldn't show up on the bill. If you now have the new phone number, can you call during the times your Mother is out and still talk with your sister?

It sounds like Children's Services is taking you seriously though, since they said they will keep going out until they reach her. I hope they get through to her. You would think that the relatives in the medical field would advise her to take them to see a doc if for no other reason than to prove you wrong!

I hope you get them the help they need. If not, it sure won't be for lack of trying on your part. As someone above mentioned, it won't be long until you bro & sis are old enough to make their own decisions. When that time comes, they will get their information from an unbiased doctor and they will know you had their best interest at heart.

Keep hanging in there!

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Keep hanging in there!

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Keep hanging in there!

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Keep hanging in there!

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Keep hanging in there!

Stacey

CFersCousin

Hi Suzie, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this but I'm very impressed at your resolve to stick with it...you obviously know how important it is.

I'm curious about this:
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>suziecoffeebean</b></i>
Lauren also told me that mom and jenny(the nurse) and karim(the doctor) sat the kids down and explained to them that they have a really mild case that doesn't require any treatment at all.</end quote></div>

What kind of doctor and nurse are these people? Do they even work with kids, let alone CFers? I just wonder why they think they're qualified to tell your brother and sister what kind of treatment a CF patient needs. One thing I've learned from reading these forums is that there are a lot of doctors out there that don't know anything about CF at all. It sounds like they're trying to keep themselves out of trouble, but if they had an ounce of compassion they'd do even a minimal amount of research and figure out that they're completely wrong.

CFersCousin

Hi Suzie, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this but I'm very impressed at your resolve to stick with it...you obviously know how important it is.

I'm curious about this:
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>suziecoffeebean</b></i>
Lauren also told me that mom and jenny(the nurse) and karim(the doctor) sat the kids down and explained to them that they have a really mild case that doesn't require any treatment at all.</end quote></div>

What kind of doctor and nurse are these people? Do they even work with kids, let alone CFers? I just wonder why they think they're qualified to tell your brother and sister what kind of treatment a CF patient needs. One thing I've learned from reading these forums is that there are a lot of doctors out there that don't know anything about CF at all. It sounds like they're trying to keep themselves out of trouble, but if they had an ounce of compassion they'd do even a minimal amount of research and figure out that they're completely wrong.

CFersCousin

I'm curious about this:

CFersCousin

I'm curious about this:

CFersCousin

I'm curious about this:
Lauren also told me that mom and jenny(the nurse) and karim(the doctor) sat the kids down and explained to them that they have a really mild case that doesn't require any treatment at all.</end quote>

CFersCousin

I'm curious about this:
Lauren also told me that mom and jenny(the nurse) and karim(the doctor) sat the kids down and explained to them that they have a really mild case that doesn't require any treatment at all.</end quote>