Help I don't know what else todo

AdamsMom

My son is three he was born 9/4/2003. Unlike many I found out my son had CF when I was pregnant. I had him a couple of days before I turned 19 years old. I live in Miami, FL with my family I'am married to my sons father. I can't complain about having emotional support. I'am having financial support we both work minimum wage jobs and can't afford my sons visits or medicine about a year ago my sons Medicaid was taken away from him and I've been fighting ever since hes running out of his medicines and my mom has been helping me with what she can to give me out of her job at a pharmacy. I don't know what else todo if anyone knows what I can do or go please help.

AdamsMom

My son is three he was born 9/4/2003. Unlike many I found out my son had CF when I was pregnant. I had him a couple of days before I turned 19 years old. I live in Miami, FL with my family I'am married to my sons father. I can't complain about having emotional support. I'am having financial support we both work minimum wage jobs and can't afford my sons visits or medicine about a year ago my sons Medicaid was taken away from him and I've been fighting ever since hes running out of his medicines and my mom has been helping me with what she can to give me out of her job at a pharmacy. I don't know what else todo if anyone knows what I can do or go please help.

AdamsMom

AdamsMom

The say because me and my husband make to much but thats impossible. I hardly have enough right now as it is I live in a low income apartment development.

AdamsMom

The say because me and my husband make to much but thats impossible. I hardly have enough right now as it is I live in a low income apartment development.

AdamsMom

coltsfan715

Hi there,

You need to ask your docs office OR your local CFF Chapter about CF Abilities. I am in Jacksonville, FL and I know this program is offered throughout Florida. I am not sure if it is just for adults or if it is for ALL CF patients. If it is available for all CF patients you need to get signed up for it. It just takes your doc filling out some papers saying your son DOES have CF. The program helps with expenses - they have paid for gym memberships or exercise equipment, may help with meds/copayments or even things like air filters and such.

I think if I remember correctly I got my info through the CFF Chapter. If you aren't able to get the info through your chapter let me know through a PM and I can send you the name and number of the head of the Jacksonville CFF Chapter and she can maybe give you the info or the name of someone to contact at the very least.

That is all I can think of to mention that I know is available in FL. I hope you are able to track down some info on it cause I think it would be beneficial for you. I have 3 insurances and pretty good coverage so I myself have NOT signed up for this program but I have friends that have and they get great benefit from it.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Hi there,

You need to ask your docs office OR your local CFF Chapter about CF Abilities. I am in Jacksonville, FL and I know this program is offered throughout Florida. I am not sure if it is just for adults or if it is for ALL CF patients. If it is available for all CF patients you need to get signed up for it. It just takes your doc filling out some papers saying your son DOES have CF. The program helps with expenses - they have paid for gym memberships or exercise equipment, may help with meds/copayments or even things like air filters and such.

I think if I remember correctly I got my info through the CFF Chapter. If you aren't able to get the info through your chapter let me know through a PM and I can send you the name and number of the head of the Jacksonville CFF Chapter and she can maybe give you the info or the name of someone to contact at the very least.

That is all I can think of to mention that I know is available in FL. I hope you are able to track down some info on it cause I think it would be beneficial for you. I have 3 insurances and pretty good coverage so I myself have NOT signed up for this program but I have friends that have and they get great benefit from it.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Hi there,

Take Care,
Lindsey

okok

wow i can't believe they would do that to you! urrggh. their are some assitance threads somewhere... i'll try to bump them.

okok

wow i can't believe they would do that to you! urrggh. their are some assitance threads somewhere... i'll try to bump them.

okok

zoe4life

Try CMS aka Children's Medical Service. If he has cf, he qualifies. They pay for a lot of meds, co-pays, etc...

Hope you get help soon,

zoe4life

Try CMS aka Children's Medical Service. If he has cf, he qualifies. They pay for a lot of meds, co-pays, etc...

Hope you get help soon,

zoe4life

Hope you get help soon,

Samsmom

Here in Kentucky we have a gov. program called the center for children with special health care needs. They help pay for medical treatiment and meds. for certain conditions and cf if one of them. If you don't have insurance you should qualify, especially on minimum wage jobs. I don't know if every state has this, but I would be happy to get you the number for the one here and maybe they could help you out. Good luck.

Samsmom

Here in Kentucky we have a gov. program called the center for children with special health care needs. They help pay for medical treatiment and meds. for certain conditions and cf if one of them. If you don't have insurance you should qualify, especially on minimum wage jobs. I don't know if every state has this, but I would be happy to get you the number for the one here and maybe they could help you out. Good luck.