HELP!

bagged2drag

Reflux is very common in cf. I get it intermittently, may have it for a number of days here and there, but not too often myself. It is actually one of the questions my docs ask at every appointment. I believe it was aciphex I used to take, and it worked super well (vs. OTC meds). Talk with your doctor and see what he/she recommends.

bagged2drag

Reflux is very common in cf. I get it intermittently, may have it for a number of days here and there, but not too often myself. It is actually one of the questions my docs ask at every appointment. I believe it was aciphex I used to take, and it worked super well (vs. OTC meds). Talk with your doctor and see what he/she recommends.

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

Solo

I was on Nexium at one point because I couldn't lie down striaght without coughing. I could of swore it was acid reflux. I even went to a specialized doctor and he even told me it was. Then I went in the hospital, and after a few days on meds I was totally fine. No nexium, nada. I think sometimes when you have an infection it triggers other things to act up. Sometimes I sleep elevated on a wedge, it contains the mucous somewhat.

Solo

I was on Nexium at one point because I couldn't lie down striaght without coughing. I could of swore it was acid reflux. I even went to a specialized doctor and he even told me it was. Then I went in the hospital, and after a few days on meds I was totally fine. No nexium, nada. I think sometimes when you have an infection it triggers other things to act up. Sometimes I sleep elevated on a wedge, it contains the mucous somewhat.

Solo

Solo

Solo

JenWren

I used to have Reflux but not too bad. I used Glucerna for mine. It is a dietary supplement also used for Diabetes control Slower absorbtion so it helped with the reflux. My Insurance paid for it cause the prescription was originally written for CF related reflux.
I got that from my CF Nutritionist.

Maybe talking to a nutritionist that deals in CF could be of help too.

I used to take tums for it but I don't anymore. I think a lot has to do with stress and dietary components as well as CF related issues.

JenWren

I used to have Reflux but not too bad. I used Glucerna for mine. It is a dietary supplement also used for Diabetes control Slower absorbtion so it helped with the reflux. My Insurance paid for it cause the prescription was originally written for CF related reflux.

I used to take tums for it but I don't anymore. I think a lot has to do with stress and dietary components as well as CF related issues.

JenWren

JenWren

JenWren

LeneSouthAfrica

I recently had sharp shooting pains, esp when i ate, in upper tummy area. Felt like knife stabs. I then took gastrografin for backed-up bowels, and with it those pains disappeared completely too so was prob somehow related. Looking into that may be helpful to rule out that option (maybe bowel xray). I always thought acid-reflux gives a burning sensation rather than a pain? Some abx gives me nonstop 'heartburn'.

LeneSouthAfrica

I recently had sharp shooting pains, esp when i ate, in upper tummy area. Felt like knife stabs. I then took gastrografin for backed-up bowels, and with it those pains disappeared completely too so was prob somehow related. Looking into that may be helpful to rule out that option (maybe bowel xray). I always thought acid-reflux gives a burning sensation rather than a pain? Some abx gives me nonstop 'heartburn'.

LeneSouthAfrica

LeneSouthAfrica

LeneSouthAfrica