How come I didn't know this?

Emily65Roses

In order to calm you down some, let me give you this:

I've taken Tylenol and Ibuprofin, Aleve, all of it, my whole life. I've been on tough IV meds many times (ones that can do a number on your liver). Once when I was 17, I was really depressed, I took like half a bottle of Tylenol. And my liver is still in fine working order.

I am not, of course, saying, shove a bottle of the stuff down your kid's throat. But I think Tylenol use for headaches and junk isn't going to kill 'em.

Emily65Roses

I've taken Tylenol and Ibuprofin, Aleve, all of it, my whole life. I've been on tough IV meds many times (ones that can do a number on your liver). Once when I was 17, I was really depressed, I took like half a bottle of Tylenol. And my liver is still in fine working order.

I am not, of course, saying, shove a bottle of the stuff down your kid's throat. But I think Tylenol use for headaches and junk isn't going to kill 'em.

Emily65Roses

M

Mommafirst

Thanks for the perspective, Emily. I'm not particularly worried about my daughter and the amount of tylenol I've used. I'm more unhappy that something her doctor considers a no-no (whether or not it is THAT bad) is something that took him 6 months to share with us. Makes me wonder what else I don't know, just because I didn't know that I didn't know so I couldn't ask -- LOL (say that ten times fast).

M

Mommafirst

Thanks for the perspective, Emily. I'm not particularly worried about my daughter and the amount of tylenol I've used. I'm more unhappy that something her doctor considers a no-no (whether or not it is THAT bad) is something that took him 6 months to share with us. Makes me wonder what else I don't know, just because I didn't know that I didn't know so I couldn't ask -- LOL (say that ten times fast).

M

Mommafirst

Emily65Roses

Ahhh yes... well don't assume your doc will tell you everything you should know. I figure you know that by now. Buncha boneheads, the lot of 'em.

Emily65Roses

Ahhh yes... well don't assume your doc will tell you everything you should know. I figure you know that by now. Buncha boneheads, the lot of 'em.

Emily65Roses

CFTwins

Both my kids have elevated liver function tests and I asked specficially about Tylenol at the last appointment. They said it was fine as long as you use the recommended dosage.

Doesn't it make you crazy the way they share and don't share information!

CFTwins

Both my kids have elevated liver function tests and I asked specficially about Tylenol at the last appointment. They said it was fine as long as you use the recommended dosage.

CFTwins

ktsmom

To quote:

As we know,
There are known knowns.
There are things we know we know.
We also know
there are known unknowns.
That is to say
we know there are some things
we do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns,
the ones we don't know
we don't know.
There are things we know we don't know, and there are things we don't know that we don't know.

Aaawww Rummy, gotta love him..........

Dana
Mom to Katy (3, cf) and Kyra (6, no cf)

ktsmom

To quote:

As we know,
There are known knowns.
We also know
That is to say
we do not know.
the ones we don't know
we don't know.
There are things we know we don't know, and there are things we don't know that we don't know.

Dana

ktsmom

To quote:

As we know,
There are known knowns.
We also know
That is to say
we do not know.
the ones we don't know
we don't know.

Dana

KarenMarks

Wow,

This SHOCKS ME! I had no idea that this was possible... I am actually quite dependent on tylenol due to sinus headaches and i have discussed this with many doctors throughout the past few years. Many of them are aware that i have been taking tylenol... i have never been warned.

Have you found any further information regarding this?

KarenMarks

Wow,

This SHOCKS ME! I had no idea that this was possible... I am actually quite dependent on tylenol due to sinus headaches and i have discussed this with many doctors throughout the past few years. Many of them are aware that i have been taking tylenol... i have never been warned.

Have you found any further information regarding this?