How do I stop coughing?

anonymous

I have a cold and have been coughing for 3 plus hours on and off. I'm worried I won't sleep. What should I take or do to stop coughing. The coughing is not very productive any more and is wearing me out. I don't want to dry up the mucous, so what should I do? I know it is a no no for cfers to take cough suppressants.

John 26 with cf

Should I lay off the saline tonite?

anonymous

I have a cold and have been coughing for 3 plus hours on and off. I'm worried I won't sleep. What should I take or do to stop coughing. The coughing is not very productive any more and is wearing me out. I don't want to dry up the mucous, so what should I do? I know it is a no no for cfers to take cough suppressants.

John 26 with cf

anonymous

John 26 with cf

alwaysursamor

Do a treatment and take some cold and sinus DROWSY medicine to help
you sleep.<br>
<br>
Pepperments help ease a cough too don't know why either

alwaysursamor

you sleep.<br>
<br>

alwaysursamor

you sleep.<br>
<br>

Chaggie

nice visuals amy<br>
<br>
But I agree green tea is good for a cough, I also like steamed milk
and honey.  I know we aren't supposed to use cough s but
nyquil alawys works for me.

Chaggie

nice visuals amy<br>
<br>

Chaggie

nice visuals amy<br>
<br>

CowTown

I too have to use some sort of cough suppressant in order to sleep sometimes. I usually take Theraflu, the nighttime kind. Then I sit practically straight up in bed which helps to reduce the coughing until I fall asleep.

Good luck, I hate that constant cough too! Hope you feel better soon!

CowTown

I too have to use some sort of cough suppressant in order to sleep sometimes. I usually take Theraflu, the nighttime kind. Then I sit practically straight up in bed which helps to reduce the coughing until I fall asleep.

CowTown

coltsfan715

Usually I have to eat a popsicle or something. I have to get something cold most times to kind of numb my throat.

Also I know suppresants are discouraged but if you can't stop coughing and need rest I think it might not be a bad idea. I usually take Robitussin CF when I need something.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Usually I have to eat a popsicle or something. I have to get something cold most times to kind of numb my throat.

Also I know suppresants are discouraged but if you can't stop coughing and need rest I think it might not be a bad idea. I usually take Robitussin CF when I need something.

Lindsey