How do I stop coughing?

Wingnatic

As a parent of someone with CF (now 26 years old ) I was told to not give him anything to prevent coughs . But he had a bad coughing spell last winter so he requested that we give him something we use . Its called '' Buckley's'' Canadians will know what it is as its made in Canada but distributed here in the U.S. and can be found at a Rite-Aide if you have that pharmacy in your area . They usually don't carry a large supply , so you'll be lucky to find it . Its the only thing thats ever worked for me . 1 tsp. (5 ml ) which is a very small amount , and not recommended for anyone under 12 because its just plain nasty tasting and the say so on the box . You'll find video's on youtube of people taking Buckley's , but it does work .

Wingnatic

As a parent of someone with CF (now 26 years old ) I was told to not give him anything to prevent coughs . But he had a bad coughing spell last winter so he requested that we give him something we use . Its called '' Buckley's'' Canadians will know what it is as its made in Canada but distributed here in the U.S. and can be found at a Rite-Aide if you have that pharmacy in your area . They usually don't carry a large supply , so you'll be lucky to find it . Its the only thing thats ever worked for me . 1 tsp. (5 ml ) which is a very small amount , and not recommended for anyone under 12 because its just plain nasty tasting and the say so on the box . You'll find video's on youtube of people taking Buckley's , but it does work .

Wingnatic

extra pillows!! Really hot baths to loosen everything up!
i know you are trying to stop coughing but when i try to do this, it gets worse. i just go to the bathroom with hot water. i am by the toliet and just let myself cough to get rid of the stuff i am trying to surpress. when i get spit up, then i ususally stop coughing. the hot water helps to calm my throat after all the coughing.

i know you are trying to stop coughing but when i try to do this, it gets worse. i just go to the bathroom with hot water. i am by the toliet and just let myself cough to get rid of the stuff i am trying to surpress. when i get spit up, then i ususally stop coughing. the hot water helps to calm my throat after all the coughing.

<br />i know you are trying to stop coughing but when i try to do this, it gets worse. i just go to the bathroom with hot water. i am by the toliet and just let myself cough to get rid of the stuff i am trying to surpress. when i get spit up, then i ususally stop coughing. the hot water helps to calm my throat after all the coughing.

mamaScarlett

When i have a viral type annoying cough like that, my doc does allow me to take robittussin DM. I need sleep. as long as your doing chest pt religiously its ok, according to her. but it depends on the patient.<br>another thing that helps is eating something dry and salty like crackers before bed, for some reason they help stop the cough once i lay down.<br>

mamaScarlett

When i have a viral type annoying cough like that, my doc does allow me to take robittussin DM. I need sleep. as long as your doing chest pt religiously its ok, according to her. but it depends on the patient.<br>another thing that helps is eating something dry and salty like crackers before bed, for some reason they help stop the cough once i lay down.<br>

mamaScarlett