How do you handle the worry... the what ifs?

blopunky13

Well, my son will be 10 in April and he was diagnosed at a year and a half. Yes, it's something you HAVE to deal with. No, it doesn't get easier as far as the fear of losing your child goes. You do find ways to handle it better though. This will probably sound crazy, but it's the only way I can deal. I have a little part of my mind (like a tiny room) that is reserved just for the overwhelming emotions that go with this. Usually late at night after everyone has gone to bed( I have 3 others all with no c/f) and I open that door and just let myself feel. I cry, I sob, I question myself on everything from not being more attentive, to not being more careful of germs, you name it and I go there. I do rationally know that it is no ones "fault" it just is and all I can do is love him and do my very best to look out for him on the things I can. If I let myself think about all the "what ifs" I would have a break down. There is no right or wrong way to handle it, just remember no one has a guarantee. Love your baby as hard as you can and make her life as full as possible!
Blopunkys mom-mom to amanda-18,kody-15,jessica-11, and my christopher 9 w/cf

blopunky13

Well, my son will be 10 in April and he was diagnosed at a year and a half. Yes, it's something you HAVE to deal with. No, it doesn't get easier as far as the fear of losing your child goes. You do find ways to handle it better though. This will probably sound crazy, but it's the only way I can deal. I have a little part of my mind (like a tiny room) that is reserved just for the overwhelming emotions that go with this. Usually late at night after everyone has gone to bed( I have 3 others all with no c/f) and I open that door and just let myself feel. I cry, I sob, I question myself on everything from not being more attentive, to not being more careful of germs, you name it and I go there. I do rationally know that it is no ones "fault" it just is and all I can do is love him and do my very best to look out for him on the things I can. If I let myself think about all the "what ifs" I would have a break down. There is no right or wrong way to handle it, just remember no one has a guarantee. Love your baby as hard as you can and make her life as full as possible!

blopunky13

blopunky13

blopunky13

<br />Blopunkys mom-mom to amanda-18,kody-15,jessica-11, and my christopher 9 w/cf