How many people have been told or are tired of......

blindhearted

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Ratatosk</b></i>

Never been given an age; however, when DS was in the NICU, a doctor told my MIL that there'd be a cure in 5 years. That was 6 years ago...</end quote></div>

My parents were told there'd be a cure in 5 yrs and that way 27 yrs ago. I'm not saying it wont happen because Lord knows I hope it will, but doctors have been saying that forever.

My "live to" ages have been 3 yrs (they actually told my parents to go home and make funeral arrangements), 5, 12, 16 (never drive), 18 (never graduate high school), 21 (wouldnt see college or marrage)...the doctor's finally stop giving numbers, I guess they were tired of being wrong. I'm not going anywhere until God says so and my number is up, reguardless of my health problems. That's my way of thinking.

blindhearted

Never been given an age; however, when DS was in the NICU, a doctor told my MIL that there'd be a cure in 5 years. That was 6 years ago...</end quote></div>

My parents were told there'd be a cure in 5 yrs and that way 27 yrs ago. I'm not saying it wont happen because Lord knows I hope it will, but doctors have been saying that forever.

My "live to" ages have been 3 yrs (they actually told my parents to go home and make funeral arrangements), 5, 12, 16 (never drive), 18 (never graduate high school), 21 (wouldnt see college or marrage)...the doctor's finally stop giving numbers, I guess they were tired of being wrong. I'm not going anywhere until God says so and my number is up, reguardless of my health problems. That's my way of thinking.

blindhearted

blindhearted

Never been given an age; however, when DS was in the NICU, a doctor told my MIL that there'd be a cure in 5 years. That was 6 years ago...</end quote>

blindhearted

<br />
<br />Never been given an age; however, when DS was in the NICU, a doctor told my MIL that there'd be a cure in 5 years. That was 6 years ago...</end quote>
<br />
<br />My parents were told there'd be a cure in 5 yrs and that way 27 yrs ago. I'm not saying it wont happen because Lord knows I hope it will, but doctors have been saying that forever.
<br />
<br />My "live to" ages have been 3 yrs (they actually told my parents to go home and make funeral arrangements), 5, 12, 16 (never drive), 18 (never graduate high school), 21 (wouldnt see college or marrage)...the doctor's finally stop giving numbers, I guess they were tired of being wrong. I'm not going anywhere until God says so and my number is up, reguardless of my health problems. That's my way of thinking.

Skye

My parents were told that I would live to be about 9. They left that doctor and took me to a very large center when I was very young. They never stayed with or listened to a doctor who would give prognostic indicators like that. That was just their choice. To this day, I don't put up with docs who make such blanket predictions. I believe words are very powerful and they get down in your spirit. They don't know the truth of a prognosis.....this disease is just too unpredictable.

Skye

My parents were told that I would live to be about 9. They left that doctor and took me to a very large center when I was very young. They never stayed with or listened to a doctor who would give prognostic indicators like that. That was just their choice. To this day, I don't put up with docs who make such blanket predictions. I believe words are very powerful and they get down in your spirit. They don't know the truth of a prognosis.....this disease is just too unpredictable.

Skye

Skye

Skye