How many times has your child been in the hospital?

Sheridan

My eldest (8.5) was admitted about 3 times a year for short 3 - 5 day stay until he was about 4, part of that wa for a bronch study he was involved in. he has had one tuneup that was 2 years ago and since then he has not been admitted once. Although we have successfully eradicated physydoumis (sp) at home once since then (his only episode) and had day surgery for his polyups.

My baby (10 months) has been admitted once for physodomonis his admission was for 3 weeks and it was also successfully eradicated. Although part of me suspects he did not have it in the first place, when they took the throat suction he vomited into the sample and they took it and tested it anyway! Yuk!!

Sheridan

My eldest (8.5) was admitted about 3 times a year for short 3 - 5 day stay until he was about 4, part of that wa for a bronch study he was involved in. he has had one tuneup that was 2 years ago and since then he has not been admitted once. Although we have successfully eradicated physydoumis (sp) at home once since then (his only episode) and had day surgery for his polyups.

My baby (10 months) has been admitted once for physodomonis his admission was for 3 weeks and it was also successfully eradicated. Although part of me suspects he did not have it in the first place, when they took the throat suction he vomited into the sample and they took it and tested it anyway! Yuk!!

Sheridan

Sheridan

Sheridan

<br />
<br />My baby (10 months) has been admitted once for physodomonis his admission was for 3 weeks and it was also successfully eradicated. Although part of me suspects he did not have it in the first place, when they took the throat suction he vomited into the sample and they took it and tested it anyway! Yuk!!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS is 5. He was diagnosed at birth due to a bowel obstruction. He spent 4 weeks in the NICU and ICC on IV ABX recovering from infections he got during his recovery. Was home one night and ended up back at the local hospital on IV ABX due to another infection. That's been it so far...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS is 5. He was diagnosed at birth due to a bowel obstruction. He spent 4 weeks in the NICU and ICC on IV ABX recovering from infections he got during his recovery. Was home one night and ended up back at the local hospital on IV ABX due to another infection. That's been it so far...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

JennyCoulon

Mason~8 yrs. old
Birth to 2 1/2 months-Ruptured bowel, (ME)
1 yr. for bowel blockage (3 days)
6 yrs. old for placement of G button (1 week)
*** Has great PFT's and no cough, always clear so hopefully there will not be anymore for a long time

Tucker~3 yrs. old
Birth he stayed in the NICU for 1 extra day
6 months old for RSV (5 days)
****Has no cough, always clear so hopefully there will not be anymore for a long time

JennyCoulon

Mason~8 yrs. old
*** Has great PFT's and no cough, always clear so hopefully there will not be anymore for a long time

Tucker~3 yrs. old
****Has no cough, always clear so hopefully there will not be anymore for a long time

JennyCoulon

Mason~8 yrs. old

Tucker~3 yrs. old

JennyCoulon

Mason~8 yrs. old

Tucker~3 yrs. old

JennyCoulon

Mason~8 yrs. old
<br />Birth to 2 1/2 months-Ruptured bowel, (ME)
<br />1 yr. for bowel blockage (3 days)
<br />6 yrs. old for placement of G button (1 week)
<br />*** Has great PFT's and no cough, always clear so hopefully there will not be anymore for a long time
<br />
<br />Tucker~3 yrs. old
<br />Birth he stayed in the NICU for 1 extra day
<br />6 months old for RSV (5 days)
<br />****Has no cough, always clear so hopefully there will not be anymore for a long time
<br />

shea14

I would love to tell you how many times but I honestly don't know. The first almost three years of his life he was in the hospital 3 times. The 1st 2 times we didn't know he had cf. All 3 times he was in there until his oxygen level came up. Then we move around the time he was starting to get worse. I think his cf kicked itself into overdrive (before he was 3 he didn't need enzymes either). The clinic here in Dallas treats things more thoroughly when he is sick. He goes in 4 to 7 times a year for 2 to 3 weeks at time. There are at least 3 other kids we see in the hospital regularly when he is in there, mostly for the lungs. The ones we only see once or twice seem to have the gi problems. CF is very unpredictable and varies to every individual.

shea14

I would love to tell you how many times but I honestly don't know. The first almost three years of his life he was in the hospital 3 times. The 1st 2 times we didn't know he had cf. All 3 times he was in there until his oxygen level came up. Then we move around the time he was starting to get worse. I think his cf kicked itself into overdrive (before he was 3 he didn't need enzymes either). The clinic here in Dallas treats things more thoroughly when he is sick. He goes in 4 to 7 times a year for 2 to 3 weeks at time. There are at least 3 other kids we see in the hospital regularly when he is in there, mostly for the lungs. The ones we only see once or twice seem to have the gi problems. CF is very unpredictable and varies to every individual.

shea14

shea14

shea14