How often do you go to clinic

DEES4

We got to clinic every 3 months. Those that culture PA go on a different day than those that are PA free. So I like that. I still try to make my son wear his mask while in the waiting room and then let him take it off when we get to a room. I am constantly washing his hands while in the room (there is a sink in the room). I also take along the hand sanitizer. I always dread going and am so happy when it's over.
Carrie

DEES4

We got to clinic every 3 months. Those that culture PA go on a different day than those that are PA free. So I like that. I still try to make my son wear his mask while in the waiting room and then let him take it off when we get to a room. I am constantly washing his hands while in the room (there is a sink in the room). I also take along the hand sanitizer. I always dread going and am so happy when it's over.
Carrie

DEES4

Carrie

DEES4

Carrie

DEES4

Carrie

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We see DS's CF doctor in the City every 6 months and the local CF doctor at peds clinic every 6 months -- so every 3 months. We also stopped going to the local CF clinic. And amazingly, DS also stopped culturing pseudo...

We had issues with the overcrowded community waiting room, which had toys. They didn't have enough exam rooms for their patients, so when we first started going they'd rotate patients from room to room to see the various medical staff. We were given our own room with a crib because at the time DS was a newborn and appointments lasted well over 4 hours. We complained about the waiting room and from then on they promised to have the receptionist place us in an exam room immediately. The exam room wasn't very clean.... Next time we went we were back to waiting in the waiting room, so we hung out in the hallway. And the final time we went -- after a 15 minute wait in the hallway we were placed in the "smelly b.o. exam room" that didn't seem very clean and then the nurse came in and said -- okay we're switching rooms. I walked ahead only to find another patient (with productive cough) and his dad sitting in the room. I then got into an argument -- with the nurse she said you're moving, I said no, threatened to leave. We got to keep the stinky room, but were made to cool our heels for an hour and 20 minutes. Haven't been back since.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We see DS's CF doctor in the City every 6 months and the local CF doctor at peds clinic every 6 months -- so every 3 months. We also stopped going to the local CF clinic. And amazingly, DS also stopped culturing pseudo...

We had issues with the overcrowded community waiting room, which had toys. They didn't have enough exam rooms for their patients, so when we first started going they'd rotate patients from room to room to see the various medical staff. We were given our own room with a crib because at the time DS was a newborn and appointments lasted well over 4 hours. We complained about the waiting room and from then on they promised to have the receptionist place us in an exam room immediately. The exam room wasn't very clean.... Next time we went we were back to waiting in the waiting room, so we hung out in the hallway. And the final time we went -- after a 15 minute wait in the hallway we were placed in the "smelly b.o. exam room" that didn't seem very clean and then the nurse came in and said -- okay we're switching rooms. I walked ahead only to find another patient (with productive cough) and his dad sitting in the room. I then got into an argument -- with the nurse she said you're moving, I said no, threatened to leave. We got to keep the stinky room, but were made to cool our heels for an hour and 20 minutes. Haven't been back since.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Quackie

I go every 3-6 months, 6 months when I was younger, but its now closer to 3. At the peds clinic I went to the healther you were the earlier in the day was your appointment. They only had one waiting room, but there was no real 'play area' or anything. At the adult clinic I go to now, I' not real sure of how they do things, I've only been once. But they treat more then just CF, so I really could tell ya there.

Quackie

I go every 3-6 months, 6 months when I was younger, but its now closer to 3. At the peds clinic I went to the healther you were the earlier in the day was your appointment. They only had one waiting room, but there was no real 'play area' or anything. At the adult clinic I go to now, I' not real sure of how they do things, I've only been once. But they treat more then just CF, so I really could tell ya there.

Quackie

Quackie

Quackie

damiensmom

Damien and I go to our cf center monthly, every now and then we get a 2 month wait. I really dont feel real comfortable waiting any longer than that. I have no complaints on cross infection from my clinic. I am happy with our clinic.

damiensmom

Damien and I go to our cf center monthly, every now and then we get a 2 month wait. I really dont feel real comfortable waiting any longer than that. I have no complaints on cross infection from my clinic. I am happy with our clinic.

damiensmom

damiensmom

damiensmom