How often do you sterilize nebs?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Vinegar isn't approved by the CFF for sterilization of nebs. And bugs like pseudo can live in tap and distilled water. Best to boil after each use for 10 minutes.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Vinegar isn't approved by the CFF for sterilization of nebs. And bugs like pseudo can live in tap and distilled water. Best to boil after each use for 10 minutes.

U

usedtobeinca

We scrub w/hot water & soap, then 'sterilize' in the dishwasher each night. We also replace nebs each 6mo. Seems to have worked thus far but we'd obviously like to do better.

So I boiled a neb and destroyed it last Spring - been pretty hesitant to try again. The method seems so simple except that, again, the neb was warped and ruined by the boiling water. Don't know if this has happened to anyone else. Any ideas on boiling 'technique' as I'd definitely like to give it another shot?

U

usedtobeinca

We scrub w/hot water & soap, then 'sterilize' in the dishwasher each night. We also replace nebs each 6mo. Seems to have worked thus far but we'd obviously like to do better.

So I boiled a neb and destroyed it last Spring - been pretty hesitant to try again. The method seems so simple except that, again, the neb was warped and ruined by the boiling water. Don't know if this has happened to anyone else. Any ideas on boiling 'technique' as I'd definitely like to give it another shot?

U

usedtobeinca

U

usedtobeinca

U

usedtobeinca

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I've melted nebs that weren't intended to be boiled -- ones the RTs gave us for spares. I always boil the pari ones and I think we have a reusable side stream that the instructions also indicate can be boiled.

But dishwashers are good, too. I don't do so, because I don't run the dishwashwer on a daily basis.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I've melted nebs that weren't intended to be boiled -- ones the RTs gave us for spares. I always boil the pari ones and I think we have a reusable side stream that the instructions also indicate can be boiled.

But dishwashers are good, too. I don't do so, because I don't run the dishwashwer on a daily basis.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

rubyroselee

I just rinse my nebs with tap water after each use and let them air dry until next use. About once (maybe twice) a month I run them either through the dishwasher on high heat or I boil them. I've been doing it like that my entire life and I have never had any adverse problems from doing it this way.

Leah 26 w/CF

rubyroselee

I just rinse my nebs with tap water after each use and let them air dry until next use. About once (maybe twice) a month I run them either through the dishwasher on high heat or I boil them. I've been doing it like that my entire life and I have never had any adverse problems from doing it this way.

Leah 26 w/CF

rubyroselee

Leah 26 w/CF

rubyroselee

Leah 26 w/CF

rubyroselee

Leah 26 w/CF

jdubbs

My "protocol" is similar to rubyroselee's. I rinse then shake dry. If for some reason it's not dry by the next treatment, I use a different one. I run through the dishwaster once a month. I guess I figure most of the crap that's on there is from me anyway. If i didn't already culture PA, i probably would be more careful.

James 31 w/ cf

jdubbs

My "protocol" is similar to rubyroselee's. I rinse then shake dry. If for some reason it's not dry by the next treatment, I use a different one. I run through the dishwaster once a month. I guess I figure most of the crap that's on there is from me anyway. If i didn't already culture PA, i probably would be more careful.

James 31 w/ cf

jdubbs

James 31 w/ cf