Hyperactivity with CF Kids..anyone have this with their kids?

C

cfangel03

do any of your CF kids seem a bit hyperactive? find it hard to concentrate for a length of time? Could it be the meds? My daughter just can't seem to sit still for too long.

Leah Orr

C

cfangel03

do any of your CF kids seem a bit hyperactive? find it hard to concentrate for a length of time? Could it be the meds? My daughter just can't seem to sit still for too long.

Leah Orr

C

cfangel03

Leah Orr

C

cfangel03

Leah Orr

C

cfangel03

<br />
<br />Leah Orr

vmhoward

Garran has always been high strung. His CF Doc in VA actually wanted us to get him tested for ADHD. But I think it was mostly cause he was on steroids most of his life.

He seems better now that he is on a much lower dose.

vmhoward

Garran has always been high strung. His CF Doc in VA actually wanted us to get him tested for ADHD. But I think it was mostly cause he was on steroids most of his life.

vmhoward

vmhoward

vmhoward

<br />
<br />He seems better now that he is on a much lower dose.
<br />
<br />

just1more

M definately is (though he has other issues as well).

What is your daughter taking? Steroids can cause hyperactivity, especially Albuterol.

just1more

What is your daughter taking? Steroids can cause hyperactivity, especially Albuterol.

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />What is your daughter taking? Steroids can cause hyperactivity, especially Albuterol.

hmw

Emily had marked side effects on Prednisone.

She has an add (inattentive type) dx already in addition to multiple other neuro/developmental issues. But the Prednisone... oh my!!! It made her very agitated and crabby but she really needed it when she was ill and the effects went away as soon as she came off.

She was a bit jittery and anxious? I am not sure if that is quite the right word for it- but not herself in this way- when she started albuteral back in November. She also had neuro issues that first month on the albuteral so it was a complex reaction. But she's been on it for 6mo now and the side effects appear to have completely faded for quite some time now. Her add symptoms are no more pronounced than they were before- if anything with treatment for her CF she is doing better in this respect.

hmw

She has an add (inattentive type) dx already in addition to multiple other neuro/developmental issues. But the Prednisone... oh my!!! It made her very agitated and crabby but she really needed it when she was ill and the effects went away as soon as she came off.

She was a bit jittery and anxious? I am not sure if that is quite the right word for it- but not herself in this way- when she started albuteral back in November. She also had neuro issues that first month on the albuteral so it was a complex reaction. But she's been on it for 6mo now and the side effects appear to have completely faded for quite some time now. Her add symptoms are no more pronounced than they were before- if anything with treatment for her CF she is doing better in this respect.

hmw

hmw

hmw

<br />
<br />She has an add (inattentive type) dx already in addition to multiple other neuro/developmental issues. But the Prednisone... oh my!!! It made her very agitated and crabby but she really needed it when she was ill and the effects went away as soon as she came off.
<br />
<br />She was a bit jittery and anxious? I am not sure if that is quite the right word for it- but not herself in this way- when she started albuteral back in November. She also had neuro issues that first month on the albuteral so it was a complex reaction. But she's been on it for 6mo now and the side effects appear to have completely faded for quite some time now. Her add symptoms are no more pronounced than they were before- if anything with treatment for her CF she is doing better in this respect.