I disagree

randmel89

SEE YA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I dont need this place I dont let CF rule my life.................

and for Mel she was the smartest on here and now this place has gone to hell................

randmel89

SEE YA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I dont need this place I dont let CF rule my life.................
<br />
<br />
<br /> and for Mel she was the smartest on here and now this place has gone to hell................

xin

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>xin</b></i><br><br> I am glad this topic has been brought up, because I've purposely avoided using my nebulizer out of (probably irrational) fear that it's going to do <i>me</i> more harm than good</end quote></div><br><br>Quick addendum, for posterity's sake: <br><br>I'm using my nebulizer every morning now. I sincerely feel better since taking up this habit. I cough up lots of crud in the mornings, but I am in pretty good shape throughout the day.  <br><br>And I bleach the s---- out of it (in warm water) for 30 minutes afterward. I'm paranoid. <br>

xin

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>xin</b></i><br><br>I am glad this topic has been brought up, because I've purposely avoided using my nebulizer out of (probably irrational) fear that it's going to do <i>me</i> more harm than good</end quote><br><br>Quick addendum, for posterity's sake: <br><br>I'm using my nebulizer every morning now. I sincerely feel better since taking up this habit. I cough up lots of crud in the mornings, but I am in pretty good shape throughout the day. <br><br>And I bleach the s---- out of it (in warm water) for 30 minutes afterward. I'm paranoid. <br>

xin

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>xin</b></i><br><br>I am glad this topic has been brought up, because I've purposely avoided using my nebulizer out of (probably irrational) fear that it's going to do <i>me</i> more harm than good</end quote><br><br>Quick addendum, for posterity's sake: <br><br>I'm using my nebulizer every morning now. I sincerely feel better since taking up this habit. I cough up lots of crud in the mornings, but I am in pretty good shape throughout the day. <br><br>And I bleach the s---- out of it (in warm water) for 30 minutes afterward. I'm paranoid. <br>

erock77

I also agree with some of the older CFer's, boiling every time seems like overkill, and adds unnecessary time and labor to something we already hate doing. I agree, rinse it out, let it dry, and sterilize once or a few times a week if it makes you feel better. I've been using the baby bottle sterilizer from CFS I got with my first Cayston dose. It's way easier and quicker than boiling a pot of water. But before that I boiled my nebs maybe a couple times a year for the last 25 years or so. I've been trying to be more dilligent lately with cleaning.
My mom was a CF nurse for years and neb sterilizing was just an occasional thing. I don't want to be a bad influence but I also don't want people doing more work than they have to. The more there is to do the more a kid may slack off when they get older.

erock77

I also agree with some of the older CFer's, boiling every time seems like overkill, and adds unnecessary time and labor to something we already hate doing. I agree, rinse it out, let it dry, and sterilize once or a few times a week if it makes you feel better. I've been using the baby bottle sterilizer from CFS I got with my first Cayston dose. It's way easier and quicker than boiling a pot of water. But before that I boiled my nebs maybe a couple times a year for the last 25 years or so. I've been trying to be more dilligent lately with cleaning.
My mom was a CF nurse for years and neb sterilizing was just an occasional thing. I don't want to be a bad influence but I also don't want people doing more work than they have to. The more there is to do the more a kid may slack off when they get older.

erock77

<br />My mom was a CF nurse for years and neb sterilizing was just an occasional thing. I don't want to be a bad influence but I also don't want people doing more work than they have to. The more there is to do the more a kid may slack off when they get older.