I spend so much time...

coltsfan715

I did my aerosol treatments and my vest therapy at the same time pre-transplant. I didn't do it so much to save time I just did it to help loosen crud up better. I also ended up doing my vest for an hour after my aerosols completed as well though. So like I said it didn't really save time but gave me more CPT and a bit better result with the extended treatment.

I would say maybe be careful doing this though if you spend a lot of time coughing with the vest. I didn't have that issue I actually rarely ever coughed with the vest it just helped loosen a little. I would imagine if you are coughing a lot while vesting that it may prevent some of what you are nebbing from getting down into your lungs properly.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

I did my aerosol treatments and my vest therapy at the same time pre-transplant. I didn't do it so much to save time I just did it to help loosen crud up better. I also ended up doing my vest for an hour after my aerosols completed as well though. So like I said it didn't really save time but gave me more CPT and a bit better result with the extended treatment.

I would say maybe be careful doing this though if you spend a lot of time coughing with the vest. I didn't have that issue I actually rarely ever coughed with the vest it just helped loosen a little. I would imagine if you are coughing a lot while vesting that it may prevent some of what you are nebbing from getting down into your lungs properly.

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />I would say maybe be careful doing this though if you spend a lot of time coughing with the vest. I didn't have that issue I actually rarely ever coughed with the vest it just helped loosen a little. I would imagine if you are coughing a lot while vesting that it may prevent some of what you are nebbing from getting down into your lungs properly.
<br />
<br />Lindsey

RebekahsMom

Every time I hook my daughter up to her nebs, I also start her vest. I've done that from the day we got her vest. And yes, she does the vest while doing her Tobi and her doctor knows this.

RebekahsMom

Every time I hook my daughter up to her nebs, I also start her vest. I've done that from the day we got her vest. And yes, she does the vest while doing her Tobi and her doctor knows this.

RebekahsMom

RebekahsMom

RebekahsMom

saveferris2009

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>RebekahsMom</b></i>
And yes, she does the vest while doing her Tobi and her doctor knows this.</end quote></div>

The reason that the majority of centers including the man who created the Vest don't support this is because the antibiotic needs to stay in the lungs to have max effect.

If she's giggling around with the vest, it's more likely she will be mobilizing the abx.

You'll see this as she ages - your antibiotic options will decrease quite rapidly with time. So it's incredibly important that you don't induce resistance to these antibiotics but not properly administering the drugs.

Using the vest while doing TOBI can expose bacteria to sub therapeutic levels of the antibiotic, thereby inducing resistance to the drug faster than what would otherwise occur.

I'd hate for you to have regrets and what-if's down the line when she gets aminoglycoside resistance.

Take care.

saveferris2009

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>RebekahsMom</b></i>
And yes, she does the vest while doing her Tobi and her doctor knows this.</end quote></div>

The reason that the majority of centers including the man who created the Vest don't support this is because the antibiotic needs to stay in the lungs to have max effect.

If she's giggling around with the vest, it's more likely she will be mobilizing the abx.

You'll see this as she ages - your antibiotic options will decrease quite rapidly with time. So it's incredibly important that you don't induce resistance to these antibiotics but not properly administering the drugs.

Using the vest while doing TOBI can expose bacteria to sub therapeutic levels of the antibiotic, thereby inducing resistance to the drug faster than what would otherwise occur.

I'd hate for you to have regrets and what-if's down the line when she gets aminoglycoside resistance.

Take care.

saveferris2009

Take care.

saveferris2009

And yes, she does the vest while doing her Tobi and her doctor knows this.</end quote>

Take care.

saveferris2009

<br /> And yes, she does the vest while doing her Tobi and her doctor knows this.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />The reason that the majority of centers including the man who created the Vest don't support this is because the antibiotic needs to stay in the lungs to have max effect.
<br />
<br />If she's giggling around with the vest, it's more likely she will be mobilizing the abx.
<br />
<br />You'll see this as she ages - your antibiotic options will decrease quite rapidly with time. So it's incredibly important that you don't induce resistance to these antibiotics but not properly administering the drugs.
<br />
<br />Using the vest while doing TOBI can expose bacteria to sub therapeutic levels of the antibiotic, thereby inducing resistance to the drug faster than what would otherwise occur.
<br />
<br />I'd hate for you to have regrets and what-if's down the line when she gets aminoglycoside resistance.
<br />
<br />Take care.

laulau555

I do my vest while doing hypertonic saline and pulmozyme but NOT with tobi. In fact, it doesn't work as well if I DON'T do it with my hypersaline.

laulau555

I do my vest while doing hypertonic saline and pulmozyme but NOT with tobi. In fact, it doesn't work as well if I DON'T do it with my hypersaline.

laulau555

laulau555

laulau555