I want to start getting fit

bagged2drag

Keep in mind, you can work to increase your health, but don't work just to keep up with others. Given your health, that can be counterproductive. Ease into things and don't push too hard.

bagged2drag

Keep in mind, you can work to increase your health, but don't work just to keep up with others. Given your health, that can be counterproductive. Ease into things and don't push too hard.

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

S

semperfiohana

sounds like your lucky! the first and only time i coughed up blood the doctor's made me go to the hosptial for a tune up. i must say i'm a big couch potato. started my junior year when i got a job and quit tennis. so keep up a little something cause i don't do any of it now.

S

semperfiohana

sounds like your lucky! the first and only time i coughed up blood the doctor's made me go to the hosptial for a tune up. i must say i'm a big couch potato. started my junior year when i got a job and quit tennis. so keep up a little something cause i don't do any of it now.

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

Nebulize

Rebekah,

I have one word for you: YOGA

And if that works for you, then I have another recommendation: Tae Kwon Do

Yoga will let you go at your own pace and feel how your body and lungs react to certain breathing methods. Sometimes I have problems regulating my breathing the way I'd like (for example, taking slow, deep breaths throughout the day) but when I'm in yoga class, all that seems to disappear. I've heard that when a CF patient is working out, their lungs functions increase and what seems difficult to impossible when you wake up in the morning can be easy when you have let your body and lungs warm up properly.

Either way, physical activity and workouts (even weights) help a great deal. So start slow and you will be amazed at what your body is capable of.

Peter

Nebulize

Rebekah,

Yoga will let you go at your own pace and feel how your body and lungs react to certain breathing methods. Sometimes I have problems regulating my breathing the way I'd like (for example, taking slow, deep breaths throughout the day) but when I'm in yoga class, all that seems to disappear. I've heard that when a CF patient is working out, their lungs functions increase and what seems difficult to impossible when you wake up in the morning can be easy when you have let your body and lungs warm up properly.

Either way, physical activity and workouts (even weights) help a great deal. So start slow and you will be amazed at what your body is capable of.

Peter

Nebulize

Rebekah,

Peter

Nebulize

Rebekah,

Peter

Nebulize

Rebekah,

Peter

T

tarheel

Yea- im trying that. im in regular gym with all the $(&#@*% athletic ppl, and we have to do this thing called the beep test. you run to the end of the basketball court- it beeps, you run back. if you dont get there by the time the thingy beeps again 2 times, you're out. to get an a you have to do this 50 times. I got 14. Big fuc*in deal- but in front of everybody else it was so embarassing. Im in marching band and have no trouble at all marching uphill and playing the trumpet, but in gym i just suck. I know im good for having cf and all- but for someone who gets an a or b in every other class its hard- not to mention with every one else watching. so i gave up. im still in marching band, and still suffering through gym, and ive just decided to deal with it.

T

tarheel

Yea- im trying that. im in regular gym with all the $(&#@*% athletic ppl, and we have to do this thing called the beep test. you run to the end of the basketball court- it beeps, you run back. if you dont get there by the time the thingy beeps again 2 times, you're out. to get an a you have to do this 50 times. I got 14. Big fuc*in deal- but in front of everybody else it was so embarassing. Im in marching band and have no trouble at all marching uphill and playing the trumpet, but in gym i just suck. I know im good for having cf and all- but for someone who gets an a or b in every other class its hard- not to mention with every one else watching. so i gave up. im still in marching band, and still suffering through gym, and ive just decided to deal with it.

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

T

tarheel