Ibuprofen and CF

getahobby

I don't know about strokes but you are correct about heart attacks. They used to think that it was only limited to cox-2 NSAIDs but now the literature also suggests that all NSAIDs have an increased risk.

There are definately additional risks with this therapy. I think the therapy is worth the additional risk - especially at this junction with all the new meds in the pipeline that address the underlining defect in CF. Right now it seems the game should be all about preserving lung functionality so you can benefit from these new drugs.

getahobby

I don't know about strokes but you are correct about heart attacks. They used to think that it was only limited to cox-2 NSAIDs but now the literature also suggests that all NSAIDs have an increased risk.

There are definately additional risks with this therapy. I think the therapy is worth the additional risk - especially at this junction with all the new meds in the pipeline that address the underlining defect in CF. Right now it seems the game should be all about preserving lung functionality so you can benefit from these new drugs.

getahobby

getahobby

getahobby

<br />
<br />There are definately additional risks with this therapy. I think the therapy is worth the additional risk - especially at this junction with all the new meds in the pipeline that address the underlining defect in CF. Right now it seems the game should be all about preserving lung functionality so you can benefit from these new drugs.
<br />
<br />
<br />

Diane

I tried using this years ago when i was first diagnosed with cepacia and at a time where my hemoptysis problems were few and far between. It didnt do much for me except take away the body aches i had at that time. Then again i was much healthier then and may not have noticed much of a difference due to feeling good in general all the time. Now that i have frequent hemoptysis issues ( 3 requiring embolizations) Ibuprofen, aspirin, green tea, etc. are all no-no's.

Diane

I tried using this years ago when i was first diagnosed with cepacia and at a time where my hemoptysis problems were few and far between. It didnt do much for me except take away the body aches i had at that time. Then again i was much healthier then and may not have noticed much of a difference due to feeling good in general all the time. Now that i have frequent hemoptysis issues ( 3 requiring embolizations) Ibuprofen, aspirin, green tea, etc. are all no-no's.

Diane

Diane

Diane

Marjolein

I have been on a high dose of Ibuprofen when I was about 12 years old I think, so a long time ago. I don't know if it did anything for me but I do remember I had to stop it because it messed with my liver or kidney function (don't remember which).

Marjolein

I have been on a high dose of Ibuprofen when I was about 12 years old I think, so a long time ago. I don't know if it did anything for me but I do remember I had to stop it because it messed with my liver or kidney function (don't remember which).

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

RTforJCinAZ

Wow, that article had some interesting info in it. I am definately interested. I think I will be talking to the doc about it next visit. I am very curious.

RTforJCinAZ

Wow, that article had some interesting info in it. I am definately interested. I think I will be talking to the doc about it next visit. I am very curious.

RTforJCinAZ

RTforJCinAZ

RTforJCinAZ