ibuprofen and cystic fibrosis

rockingdog

I took motrin, 800mg a day, for much of my adult life. I credit it for keeping me healthy for a long time. Due to hemoptysis, I had to get off it. When I did, my PFTs went down and I started to have more problems.

And though I believe in the drug, I would only take it if the doctors do the proper testing to get the correct dosing. It can have a lot of nasty side effects if you take the incorrect amount.

rockingdog

I took motrin, 800mg a day, for much of my adult life. I credit it for keeping me healthy for a long time. Due to hemoptysis, I had to get off it. When I did, my PFTs went down and I started to have more problems.

And though I believe in the drug, I would only take it if the doctors do the proper testing to get the correct dosing. It can have a lot of nasty side effects if you take the incorrect amount.

rockingdog

rockingdog

rockingdog

M

MCGrad2006

I was on 1200 mgs twice a day for I dunno, maybe 5-6 years. Then I started getting really bad heartburn this summer, so in the past two months, I have tapered down to 400 mgs. twice a day. I can tell a HUGE difference when I skip a dose or even when I am late for a dose, so it was really hard for me to taper down. I was having a lot of pain, which I am assuming is from the withdrawl symptoms. It has adjusted now that I am used to the 400 mgs.

I have not had PFT's since going down on the motrin, so it will be interesting to see. I have noticed lately that my lungs feel kind of heavy, even if I skip my hts, BUT i am not coughing anything up....even with the hts...so i dunno...

M

MCGrad2006

I was on 1200 mgs twice a day for I dunno, maybe 5-6 years. Then I started getting really bad heartburn this summer, so in the past two months, I have tapered down to 400 mgs. twice a day. I can tell a HUGE difference when I skip a dose or even when I am late for a dose, so it was really hard for me to taper down. I was having a lot of pain, which I am assuming is from the withdrawl symptoms. It has adjusted now that I am used to the 400 mgs.

I have not had PFT's since going down on the motrin, so it will be interesting to see. I have noticed lately that my lungs feel kind of heavy, even if I skip my hts, BUT i am not coughing anything up....even with the hts...so i dunno...

M

MCGrad2006

M

MCGrad2006

M

MCGrad2006