ibuprofen and cystic fibrosis

I took Ibuprofen for years 800 mg twice a day. I too had to stop because of bleeding problems. I don't know that it did anything spectacular for me. I only hope it doesnt have any long term affects.

I took Ibuprofen for years 800 mg twice a day. I too had to stop because of bleeding problems. I don't know that it did anything spectacular for me. I only hope it doesnt have any long term affects.

jfarel

Nice to see several others have good results like me even though I only take it as needed. Like I said, I always feel great after taking it and I feel good when taking 400 or 600 mg at a time. I usually start seeing a little blood if I take three doses in one day though. Once I see the blood I usually stop if for a day or two.

jfarel

Nice to see several others have good results like me even though I only take it as needed. Like I said, I always feel great after taking it and I feel good when taking 400 or 600 mg at a time. I usually start seeing a little blood if I take three doses in one day though. Once I see the blood I usually stop if for a day or two.

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel

jaimers

Super Moderator
i've been on ibuprofen since i was about 5 or 6. i've never had bleeding problems with it but the doc checks regularly to make sure it stays that way. i think i'm the only adult patient still on it at the hospital where i go...i believe the positive results from it were found in kids but my doc siad as long as there are no negative side effects i can stay on it. i also have to stop when i'm on IVs--i think the combination of really high dose IV meds plus the 800 mg of ibuprofen 2x a day is too much on the liver....

jaimers

Super Moderator
i've been on ibuprofen since i was about 5 or 6. i've never had bleeding problems with it but the doc checks regularly to make sure it stays that way. i think i'm the only adult patient still on it at the hospital where i go...i believe the positive results from it were found in kids but my doc siad as long as there are no negative side effects i can stay on it. i also have to stop when i'm on IVs--i think the combination of really high dose IV meds plus the 800 mg of ibuprofen 2x a day is too much on the liver....

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator

jaimers

Super Moderator