ideas for hospital?

So I can't count the number of times that I have been in the hospital, but for some reason this time seems to be a bit different. I am soooooo bored already. Usually I am pretty content for the first week but no such luck. I think maybe it is because I feel pretty good rather than coming in very sick, but nevertheless I am going stir crazy. Any ideas? I do have the great opportunity to have a laptop in my room which is nice , but still gets old. I have even been trying to do some Christmas shopping. Any ideas for a 3 year old girl who doesnt need anything? Okay well thanks for any input.

So I can't count the number of times that I have been in the hospital, but for some reason this time seems to be a bit different. I am soooooo bored already. Usually I am pretty content for the first week but no such luck. I think maybe it is because I feel pretty good rather than coming in very sick, but nevertheless I am going stir crazy. Any ideas? I do have the great opportunity to have a laptop in my room which is nice , but still gets old. I have even been trying to do some Christmas shopping. Any ideas for a 3 year old girl who doesnt need anything? Okay well thanks for any input.

Liza

Every little girl needs dress up clothes! My girls never seemed to have enough play clothes. I used to scan garage sales and the occasional thrift shop for dress up clothes. OK, you can't really do that from your hospital room though can you? Bad idea, for now. For later though... high heel shoes, gloves, hats, dresses, those old 50's - 70's era pinifore gown cover ups. Like what Lucy wore on I Love Lucy. Nitegowns., and aprons, again, the old fancy ones.

OK, for now, what to do? Do you let your daughter dress up for Halloween? What's she going to be this year? Time to start thinking about that. Look on-line for costume ideas. I always made home-made costumes for my girls. You can make no-sew costumes these days. Again, I know, you can't get out to do the shopping for it but you can scan online for ideas. If you find something you like and know what you want, get a friend to go buy the stuff you need and bring it to you so you can start working on it in the hospital. If you sew, have them bring in a machine.

Last year when Anna was admitted I was in the middle of making a Cinderella gown for my niece. I took everything with me except the sewing machine (I had to fly to NE, Anna was away in college) and borrowed a machine from one of her friends moms and finished my project right there in the hospital room.

That's about my only idea. You could have someone bring you one of those learn to... kits if you ever wanted to learn how to crochet or knit, if you don't know how already.

Hope you get sprung soon. When you're not feeling sick is the hardest time not to be bored to death. My girls are the same way.

Liza

Every little girl needs dress up clothes! My girls never seemed to have enough play clothes. I used to scan garage sales and the occasional thrift shop for dress up clothes. OK, you can't really do that from your hospital room though can you? Bad idea, for now. For later though... high heel shoes, gloves, hats, dresses, those old 50's - 70's era pinifore gown cover ups. Like what Lucy wore on I Love Lucy. Nitegowns., and aprons, again, the old fancy ones.

OK, for now, what to do? Do you let your daughter dress up for Halloween? What's she going to be this year? Time to start thinking about that. Look on-line for costume ideas. I always made home-made costumes for my girls. You can make no-sew costumes these days. Again, I know, you can't get out to do the shopping for it but you can scan online for ideas. If you find something you like and know what you want, get a friend to go buy the stuff you need and bring it to you so you can start working on it in the hospital. If you sew, have them bring in a machine.

Last year when Anna was admitted I was in the middle of making a Cinderella gown for my niece. I took everything with me except the sewing machine (I had to fly to NE, Anna was away in college) and borrowed a machine from one of her friends moms and finished my project right there in the hospital room.

That's about my only idea. You could have someone bring you one of those learn to... kits if you ever wanted to learn how to crochet or knit, if you don't know how already.

Hope you get sprung soon. When you're not feeling sick is the hardest time not to be bored to death. My girls are the same way.

Liza

Liza

Liza

JennifersHope

Oh I feel for you so much.. I was there last week.. I was so bored I was talking to patients family members that were waiting for their loved one to come out of surgery..

I tried to escape to the ER to visit people that I work with.. I paced the floors, talked on the phone till I had no breath left, I tried to come up with creative blogs. I cried, watched to much TV..

Rearranged my room, a million times... SHopped the internet... and that was all before noon..... Mostly the first week though I was zonked out.. I was on a lot of prednisone and they gave me medication to combat that so it made me sleepy...

wish I had something useful to say.

JennifersHope

Oh I feel for you so much.. I was there last week.. I was so bored I was talking to patients family members that were waiting for their loved one to come out of surgery..

I tried to escape to the ER to visit people that I work with.. I paced the floors, talked on the phone till I had no breath left, I tried to come up with creative blogs. I cried, watched to much TV..

Rearranged my room, a million times... SHopped the internet... and that was all before noon..... Mostly the first week though I was zonked out.. I was on a lot of prednisone and they gave me medication to combat that so it made me sleepy...

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

kayleesgrandma

Emilee. so sorry to hear you are in the hospital. I hope this "visit" isn't a long one. What do you like to read? Or your interests? Ha, like you have time for "interests"! I am working tonight, so maybe if you can't sleep you can pm me--don't know if you can get into chat. I will have my ex's laptop so will be able to. Maybe will see you....

kayleesgrandma

Emilee. so sorry to hear you are in the hospital. I hope this "visit" isn't a long one. What do you like to read? Or your interests? Ha, like you have time for "interests"! I am working tonight, so maybe if you can't sleep you can pm me--don't know if you can get into chat. I will have my ex's laptop so will be able to. Maybe will see you....

kayleesgrandma

kayleesgrandma

kayleesgrandma