If you use insulin

Skye

The pump sounds like such an overwhelming thing; but, what it does is take you OFF the insulin roller coaster ride. Your insulin levels are SO much more normal than with shots.....so you don't have those tremendous highs and lows. You don't have to eat those annoying snacks to keep from getting a low 2 hours after a meal, you use less insulin. It is not like the shots. You use less insulin and you have a CONSTANT flow of insulin going into your system throughout the entire day so you don't have the CRASHES that you get with a meal shot and you don't have the highs that you get from miscalculating because the insulin is being delivered at a slower dose through the whole day. Your bolus is much less than with shots.

Skye

The pump sounds like such an overwhelming thing; but, what it does is take you OFF the insulin roller coaster ride. Your insulin levels are SO much more normal than with shots.....so you don't have those tremendous highs and lows. You don't have to eat those annoying snacks to keep from getting a low 2 hours after a meal, you use less insulin. It is not like the shots. You use less insulin and you have a CONSTANT flow of insulin going into your system throughout the entire day so you don't have the CRASHES that you get with a meal shot and you don't have the highs that you get from miscalculating because the insulin is being delivered at a slower dose through the whole day. Your bolus is much less than with shots.

Skye

Skye

Skye

dasjsmum

Just to add to everyone elses comments, how it was explained to me was that the pump is the closest you get to having a normal functioning pancreas...it does all that the above posters have said.

dasjsmum

Just to add to everyone elses comments, how it was explained to me was that the pump is the closest you get to having a normal functioning pancreas...it does all that the above posters have said.

dasjsmum

dasjsmum

dasjsmum

dasjsmum

My son does his four times a day, before each meal and before bed. he does it more often if there's a problem like high BGL.

dasjsmum

My son does his four times a day, before each meal and before bed. he does it more often if there's a problem like high BGL.

dasjsmum

dasjsmum

dasjsmum