If you use insulin

Andi2007

How do you stay motivated to keep doing what you have to do. Some days I get so burned out on all of the blood testing and shot giving. Just looking for some ideas to make things easier and be more complient.

Andi2007

How do you stay motivated to keep doing what you have to do. Some days I get so burned out on all of the blood testing and shot giving. Just looking for some ideas to make things easier and be more complient.

Andi2007

Andi2007

Andi2007

Jeana

I admit that I don't check my actual blood sugar as often as I should, but I do give myself the insulin required by counting carbs. Probably the reason I am diligent about this is the fear of what could happen if I'm not. I know people who have lost limbs or can't walk or have severe vision problems from diabetes. Also, Saveferris posted an article not too long ago that stated that CFers with CFRD had a higher morbidity rate. I'm not going to let CF beat me because I didn't take my insulin.

That all being said, I could do with some encouragement now and again, too. Maybe if you need someone to correspond with back and forth, we or anyone else that has CFRD could PM each other with how our blood sugars are doing.

Jeana

I admit that I don't check my actual blood sugar as often as I should, but I do give myself the insulin required by counting carbs. Probably the reason I am diligent about this is the fear of what could happen if I'm not. I know people who have lost limbs or can't walk or have severe vision problems from diabetes. Also, Saveferris posted an article not too long ago that stated that CFers with CFRD had a higher morbidity rate. I'm not going to let CF beat me because I didn't take my insulin.

That all being said, I could do with some encouragement now and again, too. Maybe if you need someone to correspond with back and forth, we or anyone else that has CFRD could PM each other with how our blood sugars are doing.

Jeana

Jeana

Jeana

<br />
<br />That all being said, I could do with some encouragement now and again, too. Maybe if you need someone to correspond with back and forth, we or anyone else that has CFRD could PM each other with how our blood sugars are doing.

ej0820

hey there!

I have to admit, I'm guilty of not checking my sugar as often as I should-by any means. But, to help with the agony of taking shots over and over and over again, I HIGHLY recommend looking into getting an insulin pump. Once I got a pump, I was able to do anything I wanted with out having to worry about shots, insulin bottles, extra syringes, etc. I just tell it how much I'm eating and that's it. My health got A TON better after having it for about a month because it doses more like a pancreas than shots do. It doesn't hurt and it's a poke every three days as opposed to many a day. If you can work a cell phone, you can work an insulin pump.

I know not all insurance companies pay for pumps, at least not fully. But if it's something you can afford, it would cut your diabetes treatment time by MORE than half while making you just as healthy if not more.

Good luck! If you have any curious pump questions, feel free to PM me.

ej0820

hey there!

I have to admit, I'm guilty of not checking my sugar as often as I should-by any means. But, to help with the agony of taking shots over and over and over again, I HIGHLY recommend looking into getting an insulin pump. Once I got a pump, I was able to do anything I wanted with out having to worry about shots, insulin bottles, extra syringes, etc. I just tell it how much I'm eating and that's it. My health got A TON better after having it for about a month because it doses more like a pancreas than shots do. It doesn't hurt and it's a poke every three days as opposed to many a day. If you can work a cell phone, you can work an insulin pump.

I know not all insurance companies pay for pumps, at least not fully. But if it's something you can afford, it would cut your diabetes treatment time by MORE than half while making you just as healthy if not more.

ej0820

hey there!

ej0820

hey there!

ej0820

hey there!
<br />
<br />I have to admit, I'm guilty of not checking my sugar as often as I should-by any means. But, to help with the agony of taking shots over and over and over again, I HIGHLY recommend looking into getting an insulin pump. Once I got a pump, I was able to do anything I wanted with out having to worry about shots, insulin bottles, extra syringes, etc. I just tell it how much I'm eating and that's it. My health got A TON better after having it for about a month because it doses more like a pancreas than shots do. It doesn't hurt and it's a poke every three days as opposed to many a day. If you can work a cell phone, you can work an insulin pump.
<br />
<br />I know not all insurance companies pay for pumps, at least not fully. But if it's something you can afford, it would cut your diabetes treatment time by MORE than half while making you just as healthy if not more.
<br />
<br />Good luck! If you have any curious pump questions, feel free to PM me.

Skye

An insulin pump would change your life. Number of times I have thought about diabetes today besides the couple of blood checks.....zero. My sugars are very well controlled so I am not chasing highs or lows anymore.

Skye

An insulin pump would change your life. Number of times I have thought about diabetes today besides the couple of blood checks.....zero. My sugars are very well controlled so I am not chasing highs or lows anymore.

Skye

Skye

Skye