i'm 17 and thinking of going on the injection

flossymay

everybody is so different so you'll never know how it will effect you till you try it. when i was 15 my pediatric CF doc suggested i get on the depo becuase it was more effective? idk if thats true. but i was on it for about 3 years. it stopped my periods all together within the first year..it was very nice not to have a period. the gyno talked to me and explained how that was safe. i dont remember exactly, it doesnt sound safe, but i wouldnt think they would have a product out there that was that dangerous. anyways. after the first year i was on it is when the black box theory came out. thats the bone loss. every year that your on it you have to get a bone density scan, which is easy. [i was on it for 3 years and no bone loss here] when i turned 18 i decided to get off the shot. they only reason was i hated waiting at the health department every 3 months to get it. so the whole year after i got off of it, my periods were HORRIBLE! i would never know when i was guna bleed. on top of that it was a pain to have sex. i never knew when id bleed all over the place...very gross and not sexy at all.
also now lookin back on it. the shot made me gain 20 lbs, which was good for me and my health was the best!
im thinkin about eventually gettin back on the shot to help me gain weight and see if my health gets any better.
hope this helps.

flossymay

everybody is so different so you'll never know how it will effect you till you try it. when i was 15 my pediatric CF doc suggested i get on the depo becuase it was more effective? idk if thats true. but i was on it for about 3 years. it stopped my periods all together within the first year..it was very nice not to have a period. the gyno talked to me and explained how that was safe. i dont remember exactly, it doesnt sound safe, but i wouldnt think they would have a product out there that was that dangerous. anyways. after the first year i was on it is when the black box theory came out. thats the bone loss. every year that your on it you have to get a bone density scan, which is easy. [i was on it for 3 years and no bone loss here] when i turned 18 i decided to get off the shot. they only reason was i hated waiting at the health department every 3 months to get it. so the whole year after i got off of it, my periods were HORRIBLE! i would never know when i was guna bleed. on top of that it was a pain to have sex. i never knew when id bleed all over the place...very gross and not sexy at all.
also now lookin back on it. the shot made me gain 20 lbs, which was good for me and my health was the best!
im thinkin about eventually gettin back on the shot to help me gain weight and see if my health gets any better.
hope this helps.

flossymay

hope this helps.

flossymay

hope this helps.

flossymay

<br />also now lookin back on it. the shot made me gain 20 lbs, which was good for me and my health was the best!
<br />im thinkin about eventually gettin back on the shot to help me gain weight and see if my health gets any better.
<br />hope this helps.

tinamarie4685

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Scarlett81</b></i>

Are you talking about a birth control injection so you don't get pregnant?

If that is what you mean, than yes women with cf can take the depo provera injection/shot, although speaking from experience, I hated it. I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone. It made me so tense and depressed and I think it made my cf symptoms worse too. I was tired all the time.</end quote></div>

DITTO!!!!! After i had Brianna, i got the depo-shot 6 weeks PP and i HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tinamarie4685

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Scarlett81</b></i>

If that is what you mean, than yes women with cf can take the depo provera injection/shot, although speaking from experience, I hated it. I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone. It made me so tense and depressed and I think it made my cf symptoms worse too. I was tired all the time.</end quote></div>

DITTO!!!!! After i had Brianna, i got the depo-shot 6 weeks PP and i HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tinamarie4685

tinamarie4685

If that is what you mean, than yes women with cf can take the depo provera injection/shot, although speaking from experience, I hated it. I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone. It made me so tense and depressed and I think it made my cf symptoms worse too. I was tired all the time.</end quote>

tinamarie4685

<br />
<br />Are you talking about a birth control injection so you don't get pregnant?
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />If that is what you mean, than yes women with cf can take the depo provera injection/shot, although speaking from experience, I hated it. I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone. It made me so tense and depressed and I think it made my cf symptoms worse too. I was tired all the time.</end quote>
<br />
<br />DITTO!!!!! After i had Brianna, i got the depo-shot 6 weeks PP and i HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!