Intention

Faust

BTW I will add this. Those bacterial growth intention experiments (to the best of my recollection) were done with ONE focused individual trying to regulate the growth of the bacterium. The average person loses their focus of attention several times in the span of 10 seconds. Our minds are filled with "white noise" from being alive and being social and being surrounded by other people. I personally can't concentrate for longer than say 15-20 seconds without an image of the Flintstones popping up in my head or something equally unimportant and subversive to whatever I'm trying to do.

The majority of the intention experiments that have been documented have been performed by extremely focused people who have had a life long period of training in meditation and learning to stay extremely focused for a long time. One of the biggest questions facing researchers in this field now is if whatever we are focusing is commulative. If one average person has say 1/100th the ability to focus/weild whatever this ability is compared to a veteran of this ability, due to their inability to focus over a period of time, what if 100, 1000, or a million average people all did the same thing with one target at the same time?

Well that is what Lynne Mctaggart (I referenced her in my original post) is doing now. George Noory (the main host of coast to coast) has done these experiments several times with his audience with odd results. Art Bell (the first host of the show) now does not do any of these experiments anymore for fear that if it benefits one area, it could harm another area (one place getting rain, and another place getting drought, etc).

It's all very fascinating to me, and I care about you guys, so I felt I would share.

Faust

BTW I will add this. Those bacterial growth intention experiments (to the best of my recollection) were done with ONE focused individual trying to regulate the growth of the bacterium. The average person loses their focus of attention several times in the span of 10 seconds. Our minds are filled with "white noise" from being alive and being social and being surrounded by other people. I personally can't concentrate for longer than say 15-20 seconds without an image of the Flintstones popping up in my head or something equally unimportant and subversive to whatever I'm trying to do.

The majority of the intention experiments that have been documented have been performed by extremely focused people who have had a life long period of training in meditation and learning to stay extremely focused for a long time. One of the biggest questions facing researchers in this field now is if whatever we are focusing is commulative. If one average person has say 1/100th the ability to focus/weild whatever this ability is compared to a veteran of this ability, due to their inability to focus over a period of time, what if 100, 1000, or a million average people all did the same thing with one target at the same time?

Well that is what Lynne Mctaggart (I referenced her in my original post) is doing now. George Noory (the main host of coast to coast) has done these experiments several times with his audience with odd results. Art Bell (the first host of the show) now does not do any of these experiments anymore for fear that if it benefits one area, it could harm another area (one place getting rain, and another place getting drought, etc).

It's all very fascinating to me, and I care about you guys, so I felt I would share.

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />
<br />The majority of the intention experiments that have been documented have been performed by extremely focused people who have had a life long period of training in meditation and learning to stay extremely focused for a long time. One of the biggest questions facing researchers in this field now is if whatever we are focusing is commulative. If one average person has say 1/100th the ability to focus/weild whatever this ability is compared to a veteran of this ability, due to their inability to focus over a period of time, what if 100, 1000, or a million average people all did the same thing with one target at the same time?
<br />
<br />Well that is what Lynne Mctaggart (I referenced her in my original post) is doing now. George Noory (the main host of coast to coast) has done these experiments several times with his audience with odd results. Art Bell (the first host of the show) now does not do any of these experiments anymore for fear that if it benefits one area, it could harm another area (one place getting rain, and another place getting drought, etc).
<br />
<br />It's all very fascinating to me, and I care about you guys, so I felt I would share.
<br />
<br />

SaltyAndSweet

Faust, My initial post was about my thought about the movie. You asked me questions about it. I was just following up. I would have appreciated a healthy debate about your general topic. I think you are confusing my passionate initial responses with hostility, until I felt personally insulted by your comments. This topic gets me fired up because so many people confuse fact with fiction.

Yes, I get quite frustrated when people (in specific reference to the movie) take snippets of physical science and twist them to their benefit, avoiding telling the whole truth because it would make their hypothesis invalid. This is insulting.

My point in bring up that thought can produce things such as diabetes or AIDS is just an extension of what the movie, and the 'power of thought', claims. Where does the power of thought stop? Ok, so it can affect bacteria with thought, but why can't it stop someone from getting diabetes? It just doesn't make sense to me. I never knew that Cystics could get diabetes before I was diagnosed, yet I got it. I don't think I willed myself to get it. But if you really look deeply into the power of thought theory, it says I did. Which has never made sense to me.

Because you used "What The Bleep Do We Know" as an example, to back up your thoughts and theories, I thought I would express my opinion on the movie (which now I regret). I have not checked out the rest of your links, we could have conversed about this further since I too find great interest in it. But have lost interest in the conversation from here on out.

I apologize for what this has turned into, I should have known better.

Thanks for your info though.

SaltyAndSweet

Faust, My initial post was about my thought about the movie. You asked me questions about it. I was just following up. I would have appreciated a healthy debate about your general topic. I think you are confusing my passionate initial responses with hostility, until I felt personally insulted by your comments. This topic gets me fired up because so many people confuse fact with fiction.

Yes, I get quite frustrated when people (in specific reference to the movie) take snippets of physical science and twist them to their benefit, avoiding telling the whole truth because it would make their hypothesis invalid. This is insulting.

My point in bring up that thought can produce things such as diabetes or AIDS is just an extension of what the movie, and the 'power of thought', claims. Where does the power of thought stop? Ok, so it can affect bacteria with thought, but why can't it stop someone from getting diabetes? It just doesn't make sense to me. I never knew that Cystics could get diabetes before I was diagnosed, yet I got it. I don't think I willed myself to get it. But if you really look deeply into the power of thought theory, it says I did. Which has never made sense to me.

Because you used "What The Bleep Do We Know" as an example, to back up your thoughts and theories, I thought I would express my opinion on the movie (which now I regret). I have not checked out the rest of your links, we could have conversed about this further since I too find great interest in it. But have lost interest in the conversation from here on out.

SaltyAndSweet

SaltyAndSweet

SaltyAndSweet

<br />
<br />Yes, I get quite frustrated when people (in specific reference to the movie) take snippets of physical science and twist them to their benefit, avoiding telling the whole truth because it would make their hypothesis invalid. This is insulting.
<br />
<br />My point in bring up that thought can produce things such as diabetes or AIDS is just an extension of what the movie, and the 'power of thought', claims. Where does the power of thought stop? Ok, so it can affect bacteria with thought, but why can't it stop someone from getting diabetes? It just doesn't make sense to me. I never knew that Cystics could get diabetes before I was diagnosed, yet I got it. I don't think I willed myself to get it. But if you really look deeply into the power of thought theory, it says I did. Which has never made sense to me.
<br />
<br />Because you used "What The Bleep Do We Know" as an example, to back up your thoughts and theories, I thought I would express my opinion on the movie (which now I regret). I have not checked out the rest of your links, we could have conversed about this further since I too find great interest in it. But have lost interest in the conversation from here on out.
<br />
<br />I apologize for what this has turned into, I should have known better.
<br />
<br />Thanks for your info though.

Faust

Have a beer and a smile. I can only refer to what has already taken place in the field, which is what I cited. People can extrapolate (and very possibly do so incorrectly) anything they please with the power of thought aspect like you mentioned. I don't feel you gave yourself diabetes, nor CF. I'm glad you enjoy the subject as well.

Faust

Have a beer and a smile. I can only refer to what has already taken place in the field, which is what I cited. People can extrapolate (and very possibly do so incorrectly) anything they please with the power of thought aspect like you mentioned. I don't feel you gave yourself diabetes, nor CF. I'm glad you enjoy the subject as well.

Faust

Faust

Faust

<br />
<br />