IS IT CF?

ktsmom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Alyssa</b></i>

One of the key points you want to make in your argument for pushing full genetic testing is that they are both displaying CF symptoms.</end quote></div>

Not to mention the fact that, if I understand you correctly, your husband has a blood relative with CF. Do you know what mutation your husband's sibling has? You could have your husband tested for that specific gene to see if he carries it as well.

Best wishes to you and I hope you get it figured out. We are here and listening so please keep us posted.

ktsmom

One of the key points you want to make in your argument for pushing full genetic testing is that they are both displaying CF symptoms.</end quote></div>

Not to mention the fact that, if I understand you correctly, your husband has a blood relative with CF. Do you know what mutation your husband's sibling has? You could have your husband tested for that specific gene to see if he carries it as well.

Best wishes to you and I hope you get it figured out. We are here and listening so please keep us posted.

ktsmom

ktsmom

One of the key points you want to make in your argument for pushing full genetic testing is that they are both displaying CF symptoms.</end quote>

ktsmom

<br />
<br />One of the key points you want to make in your argument for pushing full genetic testing is that they are both displaying CF symptoms.</end quote>
<br />
<br />Not to mention the fact that, if I understand you correctly, your husband has a blood relative with CF. Do you know what mutation your husband's sibling has? You could have your husband tested for that specific gene to see if he carries it as well.
<br />
<br />Best wishes to you and I hope you get it figured out. We are here and listening so please keep us posted.

Tiffado

There def are mild cases of CF. Many doctors are hesitant to use he word mild....but in comparison-truth is that some cases are.

My daughter is 8 weeks old. She was genetically diagnosed at birth with CF. Information on individuals with her mutation combination reflect a 'mild' case.

As far as which test to do...the bloodwork is the most definitive. Problem is-a lot of times they have to do the sweat test first. It must be cheaper...

My daughters sweat test came back very low. 11 and 15. She had produced more than enough sweat so we know the results are accurate.

I would push for more testing..and if they have to do the sweat test first than let them. If it comes back 'normal' push for genetic testing.

Good Luck!

Tiffado

There def are mild cases of CF. Many doctors are hesitant to use he word mild....but in comparison-truth is that some cases are.

My daughter is 8 weeks old. She was genetically diagnosed at birth with CF. Information on individuals with her mutation combination reflect a 'mild' case.

As far as which test to do...the bloodwork is the most definitive. Problem is-a lot of times they have to do the sweat test first. It must be cheaper...

My daughters sweat test came back very low. 11 and 15. She had produced more than enough sweat so we know the results are accurate.

I would push for more testing..and if they have to do the sweat test first than let them. If it comes back 'normal' push for genetic testing.

Good Luck!

Tiffado

Good Luck!

Tiffado

Good Luck!

Tiffado

<br />
<br />My daughter is 8 weeks old. She was genetically diagnosed at birth with CF. Information on individuals with her mutation combination reflect a 'mild' case.
<br />
<br />As far as which test to do...the bloodwork is the most definitive. Problem is-a lot of times they have to do the sweat test first. It must be cheaper...
<br />
<br />My daughters sweat test came back very low. 11 and 15. She had produced more than enough sweat so we know the results are accurate.
<br />
<br />I would push for more testing..and if they have to do the sweat test first than let them. If it comes back 'normal' push for genetic testing.
<br />
<br />Good Luck!

H

Happy1

Well we went to the pediatrician today and here it goes. She said he has gained 2 lbs. since his first birthday and even though we have a blood relative with the disease and he is showing signs with the digestive issues because he has gained some weight she doesn't think that is it. I guess sometimes you have to be completely dehydrated and need to go to the hospital before they do anything.
Anyway, she wants me to see an allergist first and she is calling to set me up a gastroenterologist appt.She also attempted some blood work today but they were unable to get it from him. This was the second time 5 months ago when I mentioned all of this they were not able to get any from him. Is this normal?
My nephew has the F508 gene. If they want test me son right now could me and my husband get tested then we would know if we were carriers and which type of test should we ask for? Thanks, Tiffani

H

Happy1

Well we went to the pediatrician today and here it goes. She said he has gained 2 lbs. since his first birthday and even though we have a blood relative with the disease and he is showing signs with the digestive issues because he has gained some weight she doesn't think that is it. I guess sometimes you have to be completely dehydrated and need to go to the hospital before they do anything.
Anyway, she wants me to see an allergist first and she is calling to set me up a gastroenterologist appt.She also attempted some blood work today but they were unable to get it from him. This was the second time 5 months ago when I mentioned all of this they were not able to get any from him. Is this normal?
My nephew has the F508 gene. If they want test me son right now could me and my husband get tested then we would know if we were carriers and which type of test should we ask for? Thanks, Tiffani

H

Happy1

H

Happy1

H

Happy1

<br />Anyway, she wants me to see an allergist first and she is calling to set me up a gastroenterologist appt.She also attempted some blood work today but they were unable to get it from him. This was the second time 5 months ago when I mentioned all of this they were not able to get any from him. Is this normal?
<br />My nephew has the F508 gene. If they want test me son right now could me and my husband get tested then we would know if we were carriers and which type of test should we ask for? Thanks, Tiffani

allie5

My daughter continued to gain weight before she was diagnosed with CF at age 2 1/2. Just b/c they gain weight doesn't mean they don't have CF. Most of the pediatricians out there have no clue what CF is all about these days. It was due to slack drs that my daughter suffered as long as she did before being diagnosed. I would push harder for testing. Sweat tests aren't that hard to perform. Good luck!

allie5

My daughter continued to gain weight before she was diagnosed with CF at age 2 1/2. Just b/c they gain weight doesn't mean they don't have CF. Most of the pediatricians out there have no clue what CF is all about these days. It was due to slack drs that my daughter suffered as long as she did before being diagnosed. I would push harder for testing. Sweat tests aren't that hard to perform. Good luck!

allie5

allie5

allie5