Is this possible?

ladybug

Hello!

I know some have followed my recent struggles with putting weight back on after my illness caused me to loose a lot of it.

Well, here's another thought, but seems really really ODD....

I notice when I do take my insulin regularly (I'm borderline CFRD and rarely take it), I end up LOOSING weight, but when I stop taking it altogether, I end up gaining weight.

I thought for CFRD its supposed to be the other way around and the insluin is supposed to help us keep the carbs and therefore lead to weight gain.... Can anyone explain why it works OPPOSITE that way for me?

I've stopped taking it the last few days and I've gained about .5 pounds with no other changes to my diet or exercise. Hmmm....

ladybug

Hello!

I know some have followed my recent struggles with putting weight back on after my illness caused me to loose a lot of it.

I notice when I do take my insulin regularly (I'm borderline CFRD and rarely take it), I end up LOOSING weight, but when I stop taking it altogether, I end up gaining weight.

I thought for CFRD its supposed to be the other way around and the insluin is supposed to help us keep the carbs and therefore lead to weight gain.... Can anyone explain why it works OPPOSITE that way for me?

I've stopped taking it the last few days and I've gained about .5 pounds with no other changes to my diet or exercise. Hmmm....

ladybug

Hello!

ladybug

Hello!

ladybug

Hello!
<br />
<br />I know some have followed my recent struggles with putting weight back on after my illness caused me to loose a lot of it.
<br />
<br />Well, here's another thought, but seems really really ODD....
<br />
<br />I notice when I do take my insulin regularly (I'm borderline CFRD and rarely take it), I end up LOOSING weight, but when I stop taking it altogether, I end up gaining weight.
<br />
<br />I thought for CFRD its supposed to be the other way around and the insluin is supposed to help us keep the carbs and therefore lead to weight gain.... Can anyone explain why it works OPPOSITE that way for me?
<br />
<br />I've stopped taking it the last few days and I've gained about .5 pounds with no other changes to my diet or exercise. Hmmm....

ladybug

"not significant" perhaps, but i've been trying not to LOOSE for the past 2 months, so to me, this is a pretty decent accomplishment, even though it seems small. i personally think anytime i can gain weight that its an accomplishment as its usually been extremely hard for me to do. perhaps it is easier for you, but 1/2 pound is a big deal to me.

AND, to be honest, I've noticed it has been easier for me to gain weight in the past too when I do not do insulin. I never put two and two together until now, when I'm trying so desperately not to loose more weight.

I would just think that it would be awfully hard to gain ANYTHING with CFRD if you're not taking your insulin, as I've always been told weight will just "melt off" when you don't take insulin.

ladybug

"not significant" perhaps, but i've been trying not to LOOSE for the past 2 months, so to me, this is a pretty decent accomplishment, even though it seems small. i personally think anytime i can gain weight that its an accomplishment as its usually been extremely hard for me to do. perhaps it is easier for you, but 1/2 pound is a big deal to me.

AND, to be honest, I've noticed it has been easier for me to gain weight in the past too when I do not do insulin. I never put two and two together until now, when I'm trying so desperately not to loose more weight.

I would just think that it would be awfully hard to gain ANYTHING with CFRD if you're not taking your insulin, as I've always been told weight will just "melt off" when you don't take insulin.

ladybug

ladybug

ladybug

<br />
<br />AND, to be honest, I've noticed it has been easier for me to gain weight in the past too when I do not do insulin. I never put two and two together until now, when I'm trying so desperately not to loose more weight.
<br />
<br />I would just think that it would be awfully hard to gain ANYTHING with CFRD if you're not taking your insulin, as I've always been told weight will just "melt off" when you don't take insulin.

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>chrozzo</b></i>

1/2 pound not significant imo</end quote></div>

This is BS....If it was a weight LOSS of 1/2 pound it would be considered significant. I think that is great! As to the connection with NOT using insulin. I also find it a bit odd. Since you are "borderline" maybe it is an issue OR maybe its just a fluke.

Maybe its something you could just "experiment" with if you are comfortable doing that to find a middle ground for sugar control & weight gain.

Let us know because I am currious. One thing that I am thinking with NO insulin is that its fluid retention from the kidney connection to diabetes. Hate to be a downer, but anything is possible.

JazzysMom

This is BS....If it was a weight LOSS of 1/2 pound it would be considered significant. I think that is great! As to the connection with NOT using insulin. I also find it a bit odd. Since you are "borderline" maybe it is an issue OR maybe its just a fluke.

Maybe its something you could just "experiment" with if you are comfortable doing that to find a middle ground for sugar control & weight gain.

Let us know because I am currious. One thing that I am thinking with NO insulin is that its fluid retention from the kidney connection to diabetes. Hate to be a downer, but anything is possible.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

1/2 pound not significant imo</end quote>

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />1/2 pound not significant imo</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />This is BS....If it was a weight LOSS of 1/2 pound it would be considered significant. I think that is great! As to the connection with NOT using insulin. I also find it a bit odd. Since you are "borderline" maybe it is an issue OR maybe its just a fluke.
<br />
<br />Maybe its something you could just "experiment" with if you are comfortable doing that to find a middle ground for sugar control & weight gain.
<br />
<br />Let us know because I am currious. One thing that I am thinking with NO insulin is that its fluid retention from the kidney connection to diabetes. Hate to be a downer, but anything is possible.
<br />