joint pain

melx

Jeana,
Ditto Kristen with the same symptoms and on the vitamin D. I have had CFRA since a teen. I'm 41 now. Additional Vitamin D started a little over a year ago. Much much less symptomatic and totally decreased intensity of the pain. It took a few months of consistent supplementation to kick in. Still have some "episodes" but much more bearable. Prior to Vitamin D, Prednisone was the only thing that helped. Thankfully, so far, Vitamin D has helped tremendously.
Glad to hear you are already better!!

melx

Jeana,
<br />Ditto Kristen with the same symptoms and on the vitamin D. I have had CFRA since a teen. I'm 41 now. Additional Vitamin D started a little over a year ago. Much much less symptomatic and totally decreased intensity of the pain. It took a few months of consistent supplementation to kick in. Still have some "episodes" but much more bearable. Prior to Vitamin D, Prednisone was the only thing that helped. Thankfully, so far, Vitamin D has helped tremendously.
<br />Glad to hear you are already better!!

maryiris

CF related arthritis can flare up when you have an infection flare up. I take Naproxen twice a day always - it helps some. But the joint pain itself is not uncommon in CF patients. 10 - 20% of CF patients suffer from CF related arthritis. When mine flares up and is so painful I can't function, my doc gives me pain meds until my joints settle down. Right now they are flared up big time; moving my fingers at all hurts. You can search for CF and arthritis and find some more info - that's what I did.