Lost

yellowsmom

I have a beautiful 5 year old daughter with double DF508 mutation. She just started kindergarten, and absolutly LOVES school. Unfourtunatley, school hasn't been so good for her health. In Pre-k, she missed alot due to illness, and this year has missed over 5 days of school. She got sick on the 3rd day of school. Having no friends whose kids have CF, and knowing no kids with CF. I am struggling..none of my friends seem to understand. I am a single mother, and REALLY struggle to make ends meet. I really can't afford to home school her, but do not want her to be sick all of the time either. Kiley, is a beautiful child with an old soul, who loves unconditionally, despite everything she has been through. It kills me to think that I may have to take this joy away from her. I need help, I am open to any suggestion.

yellowsmom

I have a beautiful 5 year old daughter with double DF508 mutation. She just started kindergarten, and absolutly LOVES school. Unfourtunatley, school hasn't been so good for her health. In Pre-k, she missed alot due to illness, and this year has missed over 5 days of school. She got sick on the 3rd day of school. Having no friends whose kids have CF, and knowing no kids with CF. I am struggling..none of my friends seem to understand. I am a single mother, and REALLY struggle to make ends meet. I really can't afford to home school her, but do not want her to be sick all of the time either. Kiley, is a beautiful child with an old soul, who loves unconditionally, despite everything she has been through. It kills me to think that I may have to take this joy away from her. I need help, I am open to any suggestion.

yellowsmom

yellowsmom

yellowsmom

M

Mommafirst

I have no suggestions. I hear you though. My daughter just started preschool and has already missed days for CF illness stuff.

Have you talked with her doctor about it? Our didn't think we should pull her out of school.

I hope you find the right answers. CF is very hard and completely unfair. I would hate to pull my daughter out of school -- she loves it too.

M

Mommafirst

I have no suggestions. I hear you though. My daughter just started preschool and has already missed days for CF illness stuff.

Have you talked with her doctor about it? Our didn't think we should pull her out of school.

I hope you find the right answers. CF is very hard and completely unfair. I would hate to pull my daughter out of school -- she loves it too.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />Have you talked with her doctor about it? Our didn't think we should pull her out of school.
<br />
<br />I hope you find the right answers. CF is very hard and completely unfair. I would hate to pull my daughter out of school -- she loves it too.

L

Lety

I feel you. It breaks my heart when I see my dd sick. Friends and even family don't understand what we are going throug We need to stay strong for our children. Sorry to hear you are dealing with this as a single mom. Prayers going your way.

L

Lety

I feel you. It breaks my heart when I see my dd sick. Friends and even family don't understand what we are going throug We need to stay strong for our children. Sorry to hear you are dealing with this as a single mom. Prayers going your way.

L

Lety

L

Lety

L

Lety

AnD

Are there any smaller, private schools that she could go to? The smaller the classroom(s), maybe the better for her, and the teacher could be more personally involved in helping you keep her well...Many private schools offer scholarships, if the cost is an issue. Just a thought.

AnD

Are there any smaller, private schools that she could go to? The smaller the classroom(s), maybe the better for her, and the teacher could be more personally involved in helping you keep her well...Many private schools offer scholarships, if the cost is an issue. Just a thought.

AnD

AnD

AnD