Lung function dropping quickly...

Dea

I am a CFer myself and have a brother with CF as well. He will be 29 next month. Over the last 6 mos his lung function has dropped almost 20%. He is now down to 38%. My question is to anyone who may have experienced this low...can it come back up significantly? And can it be done with strictly oral antibiotics? The doc wanted to keep him, but he lives on his own and worried about losing his apt and not having a place to go, so he decided not to stay. He doesnt work full time, so he doesnt have insurance and we live in the state of Illinois and he cannot get any type of medical or financial help without actually getting SSDI. I am really worried that without IV antibiotics he is not going to recover. He was on CIPRO and bactrim 3 mos ago when he started to go downhill and apparently didnt help him then. And also if anyone has Julie's email or link to her...I could use it.
Thanks to all.

Dea

I am a CFer myself and have a brother with CF as well. He will be 29 next month. Over the last 6 mos his lung function has dropped almost 20%. He is now down to 38%. My question is to anyone who may have experienced this low...can it come back up significantly? And can it be done with strictly oral antibiotics? The doc wanted to keep him, but he lives on his own and worried about losing his apt and not having a place to go, so he decided not to stay. He doesnt work full time, so he doesnt have insurance and we live in the state of Illinois and he cannot get any type of medical or financial help without actually getting SSDI. I am really worried that without IV antibiotics he is not going to recover. He was on CIPRO and bactrim 3 mos ago when he started to go downhill and apparently didnt help him then. And also if anyone has Julie's email or link to her...I could use it.
Thanks to all.

Dea

Thanks to all.

Dea

Thanks to all.

Dea

<br />Thanks to all.

Jeana

I am not sure how compliant he is with his CPT and breathing treatments, but that combined with exercise could raise his FEV1. Also, a lot of us do IV drugs at home. Won't the doctor let him do that?

Jeana

I am not sure how compliant he is with his CPT and breathing treatments, but that combined with exercise could raise his FEV1. Also, a lot of us do IV drugs at home. Won't the doctor let him do that?

Jeana

Jeana

Jeana