Lung function dropping quickly...

Zara

Michelle, you had a hole in your left lung and got rid of it by eating nutritious foods, is this what you are saying right?

wow, i never knew that could happen!!?

Zara

Michelle, you had a hole in your left lung and got rid of it by eating nutritious foods, is this what you are saying right?

Zara

Zara

Zara

<br />
<br />wow, i never knew that could happen!!?

Jeana

I understand finances restricting you. I would try to get more info on financial help. I think having a nebulizer is imperative. I was able to get one for about $60 for travel. Although, my doc says it's not really sufficient for Pulmozyme, but it works so that I can go camping. Maybe he can pick one up for that much to begin with. If he doesn't have that kind of equipment at home, it sounds like he'd be better off in the hospital getting CPT and breathing treatments.

Jeana

I understand finances restricting you. I would try to get more info on financial help. I think having a nebulizer is imperative. I was able to get one for about $60 for travel. Although, my doc says it's not really sufficient for Pulmozyme, but it works so that I can go camping. Maybe he can pick one up for that much to begin with. If he doesn't have that kind of equipment at home, it sounds like he'd be better off in the hospital getting CPT and breathing treatments.

Jeana

Jeana

Jeana

Havoc

It sucks that healthcare is so expensive. I had a gap in healthcare coverage a few years ago when I switched full time employers. During that time I ended up getting a URI. I pissed around with it for a few weeks with inexpensive oral antibiotics, but in the end I landed in the ED with a fever of 101.9F and a right lower lobe infiltrate. I spent 4 days in the hospital and did a month of IV abx after that. During most of this time I wasn't able to work.

What I learned is that hospitals have slush funds for under insured people. If you really require treatment and are admitted they will assign a social worker to you and walk you through applying for state and hospital aid. Between the state and hospital funding it nearly covered my entire bill. What most people don't know is that hospitals can't render free care, they have to bill you and then help you pay (retarded, I know). So, what looks like an insurmountable cost is really manageable, esp when weighed against your health.

My advice, if he is not responding to oral abx, is to go ahead and get it over with (the hospital stay that is). If he waits he might well be off work for longer and in a worse off situation than he would be just taking a few days or a week and getting better.

Havoc

It sucks that healthcare is so expensive. I had a gap in healthcare coverage a few years ago when I switched full time employers. During that time I ended up getting a URI. I pissed around with it for a few weeks with inexpensive oral antibiotics, but in the end I landed in the ED with a fever of 101.9F and a right lower lobe infiltrate. I spent 4 days in the hospital and did a month of IV abx after that. During most of this time I wasn't able to work.

What I learned is that hospitals have slush funds for under insured people. If you really require treatment and are admitted they will assign a social worker to you and walk you through applying for state and hospital aid. Between the state and hospital funding it nearly covered my entire bill. What most people don't know is that hospitals can't render free care, they have to bill you and then help you pay (retarded, I know). So, what looks like an insurmountable cost is really manageable, esp when weighed against your health.

My advice, if he is not responding to oral abx, is to go ahead and get it over with (the hospital stay that is). If he waits he might well be off work for longer and in a worse off situation than he would be just taking a few days or a week and getting better.

Havoc

Havoc

Havoc

<br />
<br />What I learned is that hospitals have slush funds for under insured people. If you really require treatment and are admitted they will assign a social worker to you and walk you through applying for state and hospital aid. Between the state and hospital funding it nearly covered my entire bill. What most people don't know is that hospitals can't render free care, they have to bill you and then help you pay (retarded, I know). So, what looks like an insurmountable cost is really manageable, esp when weighed against your health.
<br />
<br />My advice, if he is not responding to oral abx, is to go ahead and get it over with (the hospital stay that is). If he waits he might well be off work for longer and in a worse off situation than he would be just taking a few days or a week and getting better.

MicheleGazelle

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Zara</b></i>

wow, i never knew that could happen!!?</end quote></div>

When I say "aggressive nutrition" I mean both dietary changes and supplements. I made substantial dietary changes and took a lot of supplements for a long time. I also made lifestyle changes. I take relatively few supplements these days but that is a fairly recent development.

I imagine it's an uncommon occurrence. All that means is that current treatments of CF don't foster it, not that it is mere "luck" or some such.

Peace.

MicheleGazelle

When I say "aggressive nutrition" I mean both dietary changes and supplements. I made substantial dietary changes and took a lot of supplements for a long time. I also made lifestyle changes. I take relatively few supplements these days but that is a fairly recent development.

I imagine it's an uncommon occurrence. All that means is that current treatments of CF don't foster it, not that it is mere "luck" or some such.

Peace.

MicheleGazelle

Peace.

MicheleGazelle

wow, i never knew that could happen!!?</end quote>

Peace.

MicheleGazelle

<br />
<br />Michelle, you had a hole in your left lung and got rid of it by eating nutritious foods, is this what you are saying right?
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />wow, i never knew that could happen!!?</end quote>
<br />
<br />When I say "aggressive nutrition" I mean both dietary changes and supplements. I made substantial dietary changes and took a lot of supplements for a long time. I also made lifestyle changes. I take relatively few supplements these days but that is a fairly recent development.
<br />
<br />I imagine it's an uncommon occurrence. All that means is that current treatments of CF don't foster it, not that it is mere "luck" or some such.
<br />
<br />Peace.