Lung function dropping quickly...

Dea

Thanks for the updates..
I do IVs at home as well. I am not exactly sure why the doc wont let him being we have the same doctor. The only thing that my brother has told me is that the doctor has told him that without him having insurance, he cannot let a patient go home with a home infuser because of the cost of the machine itself.
Another bad thing is that he doesnt have a nebulizer so he doesnt do any treatments like that at all. Honestly, he has not been very good at taking care of himself. I guess that is what worries me the most.

Dea

Thanks for the updates..
I do IVs at home as well. I am not exactly sure why the doc wont let him being we have the same doctor. The only thing that my brother has told me is that the doctor has told him that without him having insurance, he cannot let a patient go home with a home infuser because of the cost of the machine itself.
Another bad thing is that he doesnt have a nebulizer so he doesnt do any treatments like that at all. Honestly, he has not been very good at taking care of himself. I guess that is what worries me the most.

Dea

Thanks for the updates..

Dea

Thanks for the updates..

Dea

Thanks for the updates..
<br />I do IVs at home as well. I am not exactly sure why the doc wont let him being we have the same doctor. The only thing that my brother has told me is that the doctor has told him that without him having insurance, he cannot let a patient go home with a home infuser because of the cost of the machine itself.
<br />Another bad thing is that he doesnt have a nebulizer so he doesnt do any treatments like that at all. Honestly, he has not been very good at taking care of himself. I guess that is what worries me the most.

Alexander

My lung function dropped 4 years ago from 85% to 50% within a 2 months. Ever since it went down to 39, then up to 45 then again to 60 and then down to 44 again. I think it is very likely it will stay stable first. Later maybe even go up again, depending on his treatment.

Alexander

My lung function dropped 4 years ago from 85% to 50% within a 2 months. Ever since it went down to 39, then up to 45 then again to 60 and then down to 44 again. I think it is very likely it will stay stable first. Later maybe even go up again, depending on his treatment.

Alexander

Alexander

Alexander

MicheleGazelle

My opinion: The lungs can be built back up with aggressive nutrition. I used to have a hole in my left lung. I don't anymore.

Sorry to hear of this trouble.

Good luck.

MicheleGazelle

My opinion: The lungs can be built back up with aggressive nutrition. I used to have a hole in my left lung. I don't anymore.

Good luck.

MicheleGazelle

Good luck.

MicheleGazelle

Good luck.

MicheleGazelle

<br />
<br />Sorry to hear of this trouble.
<br />
<br />Good luck.

bagged2drag

My PFT's lingered in the mid 30's to low 40's for a number of years, not over the past 2 years my PFT's have increased consistently. I am now normally in the upper 40s to low 50's. My last appt. I jumped to a staggering 55%! There can be an increase, but everyone is different. I originally went for around 90% down to 25% in a matter of a couple weeks back in 2000. It has been a slow struggle uphill from there.

Good luck to both you and your bro though. I wish the best health to both of you.

bagged2drag

My PFT's lingered in the mid 30's to low 40's for a number of years, not over the past 2 years my PFT's have increased consistently. I am now normally in the upper 40s to low 50's. My last appt. I jumped to a staggering 55%! There can be an increase, but everyone is different. I originally went for around 90% down to 25% in a matter of a couple weeks back in 2000. It has been a slow struggle uphill from there.

Good luck to both you and your bro though. I wish the best health to both of you.

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

<br />
<br />Good luck to both you and your bro though. I wish the best health to both of you.