MAJOR stomach cramps and throwing up

fourkidsmom

My son who is only 7 has had major problems with corn- what you described. He also can't eat popcorn and they suggest him not eating peanuts because he get bowel blockages. He has major pain, vomiting, can't eat, etc., I would say yes it is the corn.

Also I wanted to add he can't those little corn's in chinese food. He too almost needed surgery after these bouts with corn and popcorn. He had a burst bowel at birth. I would recommend staying away from the corn. It is nice to hear other adult cf'ers view on the corn (like hermit's below) and know I am not just thinking this is the cause but know it is the cause.

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

My son who is only 7 has had major problems with corn- what you described. He also can't eat popcorn and they suggest him not eating peanuts because he get bowel blockages. He has major pain, vomiting, can't eat, etc., I would say yes it is the corn.

Also I wanted to add he can't those little corn's in chinese food. He too almost needed surgery after these bouts with corn and popcorn. He had a burst bowel at birth. I would recommend staying away from the corn. It is nice to hear other adult cf'ers view on the corn (like hermit's below) and know I am not just thinking this is the cause but know it is the cause.

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

<br />
<br />Also I wanted to add he can't those little corn's in chinese food. He too almost needed surgery after these bouts with corn and popcorn. He had a burst bowel at birth. I would recommend staying away from the corn. It is nice to hear other adult cf'ers view on the corn (like hermit's below) and know I am not just thinking this is the cause but know it is the cause.
<br />
<br />Fourkidsmom

Hermit

Oh dear, as soon as I saw this one I got a laugh and HAD to respond!

I've had 3 major bowel blockages nearly requiring surgery and two of them were the result of eating...guess what? CORN!

The first one was from corn on the cob and resulted in, as you say, massive cramps (as in labour-style cramps! My mom's an obstetrician and she said it was like I was in labour!) and vomiting. When the fluid can't get past the blockage in your intestine, you get a back-up of stomach acid and gastrointestinal fluids and the only place they can go is out the other way, which causes the vomiting!

My most recent blockage, a mere 2 weeks ago, was caused by POPCORN! It was a really bad situation and I had to have what's called an NG tube, where they put a hose down through your nose into your stomach to drain that building gastro fluid. WELL, let me tell you, that was a VERY unpleasant scenario and I would never repeat it.

My advice from one adult CFer to another, especially if you've had Meconium Ileus (the scarring in there makes the intestines even less mobile and more narrow), is...
STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM CORN!

Trust me on this one. Lol.

Hermit

I've had 3 major bowel blockages nearly requiring surgery and two of them were the result of eating...guess what? CORN!

The first one was from corn on the cob and resulted in, as you say, massive cramps (as in labour-style cramps! My mom's an obstetrician and she said it was like I was in labour!) and vomiting. When the fluid can't get past the blockage in your intestine, you get a back-up of stomach acid and gastrointestinal fluids and the only place they can go is out the other way, which causes the vomiting!

My most recent blockage, a mere 2 weeks ago, was caused by POPCORN! It was a really bad situation and I had to have what's called an NG tube, where they put a hose down through your nose into your stomach to drain that building gastro fluid. WELL, let me tell you, that was a VERY unpleasant scenario and I would never repeat it.

My advice from one adult CFer to another, especially if you've had Meconium Ileus (the scarring in there makes the intestines even less mobile and more narrow), is...

Hermit

Hermit

Hermit

<br />
<br />I've had 3 major bowel blockages nearly requiring surgery and two of them were the result of eating...guess what? CORN!
<br />
<br />The first one was from corn on the cob and resulted in, as you say, massive cramps (as in labour-style cramps! My mom's an obstetrician and she said it was like I was in labour!) and vomiting. When the fluid can't get past the blockage in your intestine, you get a back-up of stomach acid and gastrointestinal fluids and the only place they can go is out the other way, which causes the vomiting!
<br />
<br />My most recent blockage, a mere 2 weeks ago, was caused by POPCORN! It was a really bad situation and I had to have what's called an NG tube, where they put a hose down through your nose into your stomach to drain that building gastro fluid. WELL, let me tell you, that was a VERY unpleasant scenario and I would never repeat it.
<br />
<br />My advice from one adult CFer to another, especially if you've had Meconium Ileus (the scarring in there makes the intestines even less mobile and more narrow), is...
<br />STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM CORN!
<br />
<br />Trust me on this one. Lol.

Transplantmommy

I think that it is totally possible that it is the corn. Since I have had my colon removed over a year ago, I have had these experiences with broccoli. It happened just the other night!! I took miralax to get things moving and it helped majorly!!! It really stinks because I LOVE broccoli! My hubby made a good suggestion to me though. He told me to just take miralax when I know that I am going to have broccoli and see if it helps. I'm going to try that next time!

Transplantmommy

I think that it is totally possible that it is the corn. Since I have had my colon removed over a year ago, I have had these experiences with broccoli. It happened just the other night!! I took miralax to get things moving and it helped majorly!!! It really stinks because I LOVE broccoli! My hubby made a good suggestion to me though. He told me to just take miralax when I know that I am going to have broccoli and see if it helps. I'm going to try that next time!

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

lightNlife

I have MASSIVE problems with corn. Corn is a grain that is very hard to digest. That's why the kernels are usually still in tact in a BM.

lightNlife

I have MASSIVE problems with corn. Corn is a grain that is very hard to digest. That's why the kernels are usually still in tact in a BM.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife