Make a Wish

lindsleyfamily

We are in Colorado and years ago I came across a website that granted wishes for kids. I cannot find it right now. I did type in "granting wishes for sick kids" in my search engine and many organizations popped up. The most concise list was provided by Jane in the previous post. It is unfortunate that the states have different criteria because our daughter's lung functions are above the 100% and she will have her wish granted this summer. I even told our social worker that I felt guilty asking for it but she said that it is better for them to go while they can still enjoy it. I hope you find something for your son.

lindsleyfamily

We are in Colorado and years ago I came across a website that granted wishes for kids. I cannot find it right now. I did type in "granting wishes for sick kids" in my search engine and many organizations popped up. The most concise list was provided by Jane in the previous post. It is unfortunate that the states have different criteria because our daughter's lung functions are above the 100% and she will have her wish granted this summer. I even told our social worker that I felt guilty asking for it but she said that it is better for them to go while they can still enjoy it. I hope you find something for your son.

lindsleyfamily

lindsleyfamily

lindsleyfamily

Brad

" IF " The MAW will not grant wishes to People with Cf
<br /> I have made my Last Donation to them.

crickit715

i was curious after reading these posts so i sent an email to the MAW foundation asking specifically about CF and this was their reply:

Who can receive a wish?

All children under the age of 18 with a life-threatening medical condition are potentially eligible for a wish. The purpose of the Make-A-Wish Foundation is to grant the wish of each child between the ages of 2-½ and under 18 living with a life-threatening medical condition, i.e., a progressive, degenerative, or malignant medical condition that has placed the child's life in jeopardy. Prior to their 18th birthday, each child must be referred, and determined to be currently medically eligible by their primary attending medical professional. The Make-A-Wish Foundation is committed to granting the wish of each child who meets the Foundation's eligibility criteria at the time they are referred to us. Each child's treating medical professional makes the final determination of whether his or her medical condition currently meets the Foundation's eligibility criteria.

Does a child's condition have to be terminal to qualify for a wish?

No. We do not deny potential wish children because their illness may not be terminal. Many of the children who qualify for a wish go on to lead healthy and happy lives. We are committed to reaching every medically eligible child and providing the hope, strength, and joy that a wish can bring.

(just wanted to share what they sent me)

crickit715

i was curious after reading these posts so i sent an email to the MAW foundation asking specifically about CF and this was their reply:

Who can receive a wish?

All children under the age of 18 with a life-threatening medical condition are potentially eligible for a wish. The purpose of the Make-A-Wish Foundation is to grant the wish of each child between the ages of 2-½ and under 18 living with a life-threatening medical condition, i.e., a progressive, degenerative, or malignant medical condition that has placed the child's life in jeopardy. Prior to their 18th birthday, each child must be referred, and determined to be currently medically eligible by their primary attending medical professional. The Make-A-Wish Foundation is committed to granting the wish of each child who meets the Foundation's eligibility criteria at the time they are referred to us. Each child's treating medical professional makes the final determination of whether his or her medical condition currently meets the Foundation's eligibility criteria.

No. We do not deny potential wish children because their illness may not be terminal. Many of the children who qualify for a wish go on to lead healthy and happy lives. We are committed to reaching every medically eligible child and providing the hope, strength, and joy that a wish can bring.

crickit715

Who can receive a wish?

crickit715

Who can receive a wish?

crickit715

<br />
<br />Who can receive a wish?
<br />
<br />All children under the age of 18 with a life-threatening medical condition are potentially eligible for a wish. The purpose of the Make-A-Wish Foundation is to grant the wish of each child between the ages of 2-½ and under 18 living with a life-threatening medical condition, i.e., a progressive, degenerative, or malignant medical condition that has placed the child's life in jeopardy. Prior to their 18th birthday, each child must be referred, and determined to be currently medically eligible by their primary attending medical professional. The Make-A-Wish Foundation is committed to granting the wish of each child who meets the Foundation's eligibility criteria at the time they are referred to us. Each child's treating medical professional makes the final determination of whether his or her medical condition currently meets the Foundation's eligibility criteria.
<br />
<br />Does a child's condition have to be terminal to qualify for a wish?
<br />
<br />No. We do not deny potential wish children because their illness may not be terminal. Many of the children who qualify for a wish go on to lead healthy and happy lives. We are committed to reaching every medically eligible child and providing the hope, strength, and joy that a wish can bring.
<br />
<br />(just wanted to share what they sent me)