Make a Wish

lindsleyfamily

I looked up on the MAW website and it said that they grant wishes to those under 18 who have a progressive, degenerative or malignant conditin. CF obviously qualifies under progressive. My 9 year old just meet with her wish granter last weekend. She wished to go to Disney World. Our state also has another group that grants wishes, on a little smaller scale. Maybe you could find one in your area.

lindsleyfamily

I looked up on the MAW website and it said that they grant wishes to those under 18 who have a progressive, degenerative or malignant conditin. CF obviously qualifies under progressive. My 9 year old just meet with her wish granter last weekend. She wished to go to Disney World. Our state also has another group that grants wishes, on a little smaller scale. Maybe you could find one in your area.

lindsleyfamily

lindsleyfamily

lindsleyfamily

beansmom

Deb

We live in California

Our doctor tried to contact the national office and no one has gotten back to her.

Amy, our local office says that even though CF is progressive since they do not know how fast it will progress they only give wishes to kids who have already progressed so far that they need transplants.

Hopefully next week our doctor will hear back from the national office, but it sounds like this is not a national policy but rather local.

Amy I am curious what other wish granting organization you are aware of.

beansmom

Deb

We live in California

Our doctor tried to contact the national office and no one has gotten back to her.

Amy, our local office says that even though CF is progressive since they do not know how fast it will progress they only give wishes to kids who have already progressed so far that they need transplants.

Hopefully next week our doctor will hear back from the national office, but it sounds like this is not a national policy but rather local.

beansmom

Deb

We live in California

beansmom

Deb

We live in California

beansmom

Deb
<br />
<br />We live in California
<br />
<br />Our doctor tried to contact the national office and no one has gotten back to her.
<br />
<br />Amy, our local office says that even though CF is progressive since they do not know how fast it will progress they only give wishes to kids who have already progressed so far that they need transplants.
<br />
<br />Hopefully next week our doctor will hear back from the national office, but it sounds like this is not a national policy but rather local.
<br />
<br />Amy I am curious what other wish granting organization you are aware of.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>beansmom</b></i>

Amy I am curious what other wish granting organization you are aware of.</end quote></div>

Here's a list:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.familyvillage.wisc.edu/general/wish-grant-orgs.html">http://www.familyvillage.wisc....l/wish-grant-orgs.html</a>

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Amy I am curious what other wish granting organization you are aware of.</end quote></div>

Here's a list:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.familyvillage.wisc.edu/general/wish-grant-orgs.html">http://www.familyvillage.wisc....l/wish-grant-orgs.html</a>

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Here's a list:

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Amy I am curious what other wish granting organization you are aware of.</end quote>

Here's a list:

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<br />
<br />Amy I am curious what other wish granting organization you are aware of.</end quote>
<br />
<br />Here's a list:
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.familyvillage.wisc.edu/general/wish-grant-orgs.html">http://www.familyvillage.wisc....l/wish-grant-orgs.html</a>

lindsleyfamily

We are in Colorado and years ago I came across a website that granted wishes for kids. I cannot find it right now. I did type in "granting wishes for sick kids" in my search engine and many organizations popped up. The most concise list was provided by Jane in the previous post. It is unfortunate that the states have different criteria because our daughter's lung functions are above the 100% and she will have her wish granted this summer. I even told our social worker that I felt guilty asking for it but she said that it is better for them to go while they can still enjoy it. I hope you find something because your son.

lindsleyfamily

We are in Colorado and years ago I came across a website that granted wishes for kids. I cannot find it right now. I did type in "granting wishes for sick kids" in my search engine and many organizations popped up. The most concise list was provided by Jane in the previous post. It is unfortunate that the states have different criteria because our daughter's lung functions are above the 100% and she will have her wish granted this summer. I even told our social worker that I felt guilty asking for it but she said that it is better for them to go while they can still enjoy it. I hope you find something because your son.

lindsleyfamily

lindsleyfamily

lindsleyfamily