Manual CPT vs Vest

kitomd21

I'm sure I can research this on my own, but I also wanted to read some of your responses...

Ellie's doctor stated that there haven't been any "side-by-side" comparisons of the vest vs. manual CPT. She basically inferred that they are equally effective and that you can use one or the other (providing you're doing them correctly). What are your thoughts? Experiences or reasons for doing one over the other?

kitomd21

I'm sure I can research this on my own, but I also wanted to read some of your responses...

Ellie's doctor stated that there haven't been any "side-by-side" comparisons of the vest vs. manual CPT. She basically inferred that they are equally effective and that you can use one or the other (providing you're doing them correctly). What are your thoughts? Experiences or reasons for doing one over the other?

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

<br />
<br />Ellie's doctor stated that there haven't been any "side-by-side" comparisons of the vest vs. manual CPT. She basically inferred that they are equally effective and that you can use one or the other (providing you're doing them correctly). What are your thoughts? Experiences or reasons for doing one over the other?
<br />
<br />

ladybug

I personally cough a lot more out when I get manual CPT. However, this isn't always feasible and I usually only have the hubster beat on me at night before bed. My morning treatment, since I'm alone, is vest. I also do a vest at night before my beating. I rarely cough with the vest unless i'm doing h.s. or other meds with it. I even huff and deep breath, change frequencies, etc. and don't get much up.

ladybug

I personally cough a lot more out when I get manual CPT. However, this isn't always feasible and I usually only have the hubster beat on me at night before bed. My morning treatment, since I'm alone, is vest. I also do a vest at night before my beating. I rarely cough with the vest unless i'm doing h.s. or other meds with it. I even huff and deep breath, change frequencies, etc. and don't get much up.

ladybug

ladybug

ladybug

randi

Hi Katie!

I also use the vest in the morning since my husband is off to work early and he does hand CPT in the evening. My mom and dad did hand cpt growing up and I feel a huge difference between the two. Sometimes after my vest, I feel like I didn't even move up anything. During hand CPT, the "beater" can focus on certain areas and being at an angle helps me to cough it up and out. I've used the same treatment table since I was 12 (I'm 26). My husband re-wrapped it to match our bedroom furniture a few years ago so it wasn't such an eye sore. (it was hospital blue-green prior).

HOpe this helps,
Randi

randi

Hi Katie!

I also use the vest in the morning since my husband is off to work early and he does hand CPT in the evening. My mom and dad did hand cpt growing up and I feel a huge difference between the two. Sometimes after my vest, I feel like I didn't even move up anything. During hand CPT, the "beater" can focus on certain areas and being at an angle helps me to cough it up and out. I've used the same treatment table since I was 12 (I'm 26). My husband re-wrapped it to match our bedroom furniture a few years ago so it wasn't such an eye sore. (it was hospital blue-green prior).

HOpe this helps,
Randi

randi

Hi Katie!

HOpe this helps,
Randi

randi

Hi Katie!

HOpe this helps,
Randi

randi

Hi Katie!
<br />
<br />I also use the vest in the morning since my husband is off to work early and he does hand CPT in the evening. My mom and dad did hand cpt growing up and I feel a huge difference between the two. Sometimes after my vest, I feel like I didn't even move up anything. During hand CPT, the "beater" can focus on certain areas and being at an angle helps me to cough it up and out. I've used the same treatment table since I was 12 (I'm 26). My husband re-wrapped it to match our bedroom furniture a few years ago so it wasn't such an eye sore. (it was hospital blue-green prior).
<br />
<br />HOpe this helps,
<br />Randi

hockeykid

I use my vest and manual CPT. My vest does not clear my lower lobes very well. I have manual CPT on them after using my vest.

hockeykid

I use my vest and manual CPT. My vest does not clear my lower lobes very well. I have manual CPT on them after using my vest.

hockeykid

hockeykid

hockeykid