Manual CPT vs Vest?

janddburke

I LOVE the vest. we did manual PT for 6 years for Jess.
but the Vest has enabled he to be much more self sufficient. Sometimes it's a little too passive and I have to remind her to up her settings or control her breathing, but it has allowed her to have some 'control' over her situation. I can't minimize the importance of this as we try to help her be more responsible for her own care.

janddburke

but the Vest has enabled he to be much more self sufficient. Sometimes it's a little too passive and I have to remind her to up her settings or control her breathing, but it has allowed her to have some 'control' over her situation. I can't minimize the importance of this as we try to help her be more responsible for her own care.

janddburke

janddburke

janddburke

<br />but the Vest has enabled he to be much more self sufficient. Sometimes it's a little too passive and I have to remind her to up her settings or control her breathing, but it has allowed her to have some 'control' over her situation. I can't minimize the importance of this as we try to help her be more responsible for her own care.

M

MiddleAgedLady

I have a question for anyone -- when did postural drainage go by the wayside? I now have more gunk in my lower lobes and don't feel the vest is quite doing the job for me. I'm willing to hang off the edge of the bed like a bat, but can't reach those back lower lobes.

M

MiddleAgedLady

I have a question for anyone -- when did postural drainage go by the wayside? I now have more gunk in my lower lobes and don't feel the vest is quite doing the job for me. I'm willing to hang off the edge of the bed like a bat, but can't reach those back lower lobes.

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady

PrincessReeRee

I find manual to be WAY WAY better than the vest, and when I am in the hospital I request manual instead of the vest even though I have had therapists refuse so I turn them away and miss the treatment (I'm sorry but it's your job, that you chose, to take care of the patient not push a button and leave the room so stop b*tching about having to actually WORK) I LOVE LOVE LOVE one of the therapists at my old hospital though (SO sad I had to move..) they called him the Hammer and boy would he wail on you if you wanted. Got tons of stuff up after he was through but somehow never left you feeling like you just took a beating. It was awesome! I just never feel like vest does anything and I've turned that sucker all the way up, down tried every combination. Although if you set it very low its kind of like a soothing massage and then I've fallen asleep......

PrincessReeRee

I find manual to be WAY WAY better than the vest, and when I am in the hospital I request manual instead of the vest even though I have had therapists refuse so I turn them away and miss the treatment (I'm sorry but it's your job, that you chose, to take care of the patient not push a button and leave the room so stop b*tching about having to actually WORK) I LOVE LOVE LOVE one of the therapists at my old hospital though (SO sad I had to move..) they called him the Hammer and boy would he wail on you if you wanted. Got tons of stuff up after he was through but somehow never left you feeling like you just took a beating. It was awesome! I just never feel like vest does anything and I've turned that sucker all the way up, down tried every combination. Although if you set it very low its kind of like a soothing massage and then I've fallen asleep......

PrincessReeRee

tcystic

now, as a person born with cf I can tell u from great experience that hands down manual chest pt is the best and only way.Coming up i would get chest pt 2 times a day for 16 years than that special person that did that for me died and i never had manual chest pt as well as she used to do. But I have tried them all and none of them equal to chest pt hands down!!!!!!!

tcystic

now, as a person born with cf I can tell u from great experience that hands down manual chest pt is the best and only way.Coming up i would get chest pt 2 times a day for 16 years than that special person that did that for me died and i never had manual chest pt as well as she used to do. But I have tried them all and none of them equal to chest pt hands down!!!!!!!

tcystic

Sushi12

i used to do the vest but now flutter, but i did my nebulizer and the vest at the same time, and i did it about 4x for 15 mins each, and i luv this website cause theirs literally no one it seems with CF and this makes it more relatable. Thank CysticFibrosis.com

Sushi12

i used to do the vest but now flutter, but i did my nebulizer and the vest at the same time, and i did it about 4x for 15 mins each, and i luv this website cause theirs literally no one it seems with CF and this makes it more relatable. Thank CysticFibrosis.com

Sushi12

00transam

<br>I am 38 and find that the vest really isn't very effective compared to the manual cpt. The manual cpt is an oldie but still works the best hands down. I do still try to use the vest just to vary my therapy but I don't expect to get much with it even doing breathing exercises during it. Good luck.