Manual CPT vs Vest?

00transam

<br>I am 38 and find that the vest really isn't very effective compared to the manual cpt. The manual cpt is an oldie but still works the best hands down. I do still try to use the vest just to vary my therapy but I don't expect to get much with it even doing breathing exercises during it. Good luck.

00transam

<br>I am 38 and find that the vest really isn't very effective compared to the manual cpt. The manual cpt is an oldie but still works the best hands down. I do still try to use the vest just to vary my therapy but I don't expect to get much with it even doing breathing exercises during it. Good luck.

Brad

I find that the vest for me does not do a very good job
an knocking the junk loose..

I prefer the Old Fashion Manual CPT from a RT who knows how to do it..
It is hard to find a RT who knows all the positions and has the strength to do it properly.

I always say, If it doesn't Hurt, it doesn't work.

I also like the Acapella < I use it after and between Neb Treatments..

Brad

an knocking the junk loose..

I prefer the Old Fashion Manual CPT from a RT who knows how to do it..
It is hard to find a RT who knows all the positions and has the strength to do it properly.

I always say, If it doesn't Hurt, it doesn't work.

I also like the Acapella < I use it after and between Neb Treatments..

Brad

<br />an knocking the junk loose..
<br />
<br /> I prefer the Old Fashion Manual CPT from a RT who knows how to do it..
<br /> It is hard to find a RT who knows all the positions and has the strength to do it properly.
<br />
<br /> I always say, If it doesn't Hurt, it doesn't work.
<br />
<br /> I also like the Acapella < I use it after and between Neb Treatments..

elisabeth3204

My daughter is 13 w/ CF. She had a great RT for years who did aggressive CPT and kept her very healthy until we moved away when she was 8. Started doing the Vest and her health started going downhill fast. Full of bornchiactisis... She swears the Vest does not work for her-just shakes it up. We are planning on moving back to our old RT to get her healthy again. Doctors think we are crazy. They tell us the Vest is just as good. They just don't get it! My daughter can fill up an entire garbage bin with our old RT. The Vest doesn't even make her cough!

elisabeth3204

My daughter is 13 w/ CF. She had a great RT for years who did aggressive CPT and kept her very healthy until we moved away when she was 8. Started doing the Vest and her health started going downhill fast. Full of bornchiactisis... She swears the Vest does not work for her-just shakes it up. We are planning on moving back to our old RT to get her healthy again. Doctors think we are crazy. They tell us the Vest is just as good. They just don't get it! My daughter can fill up an entire garbage bin with our old RT. The Vest doesn't even make her cough!

elisabeth3204

MerryMary

I also prefer Manual CPT over the vest. I used to use the vest every day, but discontinued about 6 mo ago because it made my chest hurt when I used it. Has anyone else experienced this? I mostly use my flutter now and sometimes ask Mom to do postrual drainage.

MerryMary

I also prefer Manual CPT over the vest. I used to use the vest every day, but discontinued about 6 mo ago because it made my chest hurt when I used it. Has anyone else experienced this? I mostly use my flutter now and sometimes ask Mom to do postrual drainage.

imported_Momto2

I have done both vest and manual CPT. My parents used to whale the living tar outta me twice a day when I was healthy and 4-5 times a day when sick. It was highly effective, but you have to actually DO it, have someone who is skilled and very strong, and rely on their schedule. For many, the vest is more convienent.

MerryMary- I no longer do the vest either, after many incidences of broken ribs that seemed connected to when I was doing the vest VS CPT. I too, would be VERY interested in how many people have had pain issues from the vest. Now I nebulize and run simultaneously, and that seems to be the best.

imported_Momto2

I have done both vest and manual CPT. My parents used to whale the living tar outta me twice a day when I was healthy and 4-5 times a day when sick. It was highly effective, but you have to actually DO it, have someone who is skilled and very strong, and rely on their schedule. For many, the vest is more convienent.

MerryMary- I no longer do the vest either, after many incidences of broken ribs that seemed connected to when I was doing the vest VS CPT. I too, would be VERY interested in how many people have had pain issues from the vest. Now I nebulize and run simultaneously, and that seems to be the best.