marriage and insurance.

juliepie

I just got married and lost my SSI because my husband makes too much money per month. This means that I lost my Medicaid. I keep Medicare, which is good, and since Ben is in the Navy, I get Tricare (the Navy health insurance) as my secondary. There is no way we would have gotten married if he didn't have that insurance for me as a backup.

juliepie

I just got married and lost my SSI because my husband makes too much money per month. This means that I lost my Medicaid. I keep Medicare, which is good, and since Ben is in the Navy, I get Tricare (the Navy health insurance) as my secondary. There is no way we would have gotten married if he didn't have that insurance for me as a backup.

juliepie

juliepie

juliepie

Giggles

You can contact Beth Sufian. She is a lawyer who specializes in CF SSI and SSDI cases and has a hotline for Medicare questions. She also writes for the CF Roundtable and has CF too!! Google her and you can get her contact information.

Jennifer 36 years old with CF and CFRD

Giggles

You can contact Beth Sufian. She is a lawyer who specializes in CF SSI and SSDI cases and has a hotline for Medicare questions. She also writes for the CF Roundtable and has CF too!! Google her and you can get her contact information.

Giggles

Giggles

Giggles

<br />
<br />Jennifer 36 years old with CF and CFRD

Kelli

Hi Bobbie,
Well let me tell you....it's difficult. I guess if I had it to do all over again, I'd hold off on marriage. I love my husband dearly but our situation is hard because he owns his own company, so on paper, it looks like we have a HUGE income, which totally screws me when it comes to benefits.
Infact, Medicare is taking like $300 for part D, which is a rip. I think we need to file our taxes separatly. I can only make like $10K a year and accidentially we went over that (my income was over by about $9 per month), meaning I have to pay $7K back to SS. It's a mess!
So it would be much easier to stay single and live together, I don't know if your religion would prohibit that, but it's really hard to be married and keep benefits, for me any way.
It's really something to think about.
Kelli
f CF 31

Kelli

Hi Bobbie,
Well let me tell you....it's difficult. I guess if I had it to do all over again, I'd hold off on marriage. I love my husband dearly but our situation is hard because he owns his own company, so on paper, it looks like we have a HUGE income, which totally screws me when it comes to benefits.
Infact, Medicare is taking like $300 for part D, which is a rip. I think we need to file our taxes separatly. I can only make like $10K a year and accidentially we went over that (my income was over by about $9 per month), meaning I have to pay $7K back to SS. It's a mess!
So it would be much easier to stay single and live together, I don't know if your religion would prohibit that, but it's really hard to be married and keep benefits, for me any way.
Kelli
f CF 31

Kelli

Hi Bobbie,
Kelli
f CF 31

Kelli

Hi Bobbie,
Kelli
f CF 31

Kelli

Hi Bobbie,
<br />Well let me tell you....it's difficult. I guess if I had it to do all over again, I'd hold off on marriage. I love my husband dearly but our situation is hard because he owns his own company, so on paper, it looks like we have a HUGE income, which totally screws me when it comes to benefits.
<br />Infact, Medicare is taking like $300 for part D, which is a rip. I think we need to file our taxes separatly. I can only make like $10K a year and accidentially we went over that (my income was over by about $9 per month), meaning I have to pay $7K back to SS. It's a mess!
<br />So it would be much easier to stay single and live together, I don't know if your religion would prohibit that, but it's really hard to be married and keep benefits, for me any way.
<br />It's really something to think about.
<br />Kelli
<br />f CF 31
<br />