Marriage issues

Cerulean

Afraid of life? No ma'am. Quite the contrary. My interest is the protection of life and the quality of it. There are many ways to have children in this world. Adoption, fostering, etc. There are MANY children currently in dire need of a loving family. Why "gamble" on a child's life? It seems a bit selfish to me. I take that back- very selfish to me. Your happiness in trade for a child's health, suffering, and well-being. The answer to me is perfectly clear. What makes matter worse, is that that child had no choice in this matter.

Cerulean

Afraid of life? No ma'am. Quite the contrary. My interest is the protection of life and the quality of it. There are many ways to have children in this world. Adoption, fostering, etc. There are MANY children currently in dire need of a loving family. Why "gamble" on a child's life? It seems a bit selfish to me. I take that back- very selfish to me. Your happiness in trade for a child's health, suffering, and well-being. The answer to me is perfectly clear. What makes matter worse, is that that child had no choice in this matter.

Cerulean

mamaScarlett

Gina,
Since YOUR thread on YOUR family and YOUR issues continues to be rudely usurped, I for one want to speak up and say that I am always here to PM if you need to rant, look for tips from other moms, etc. I do not have children with Cf, but being a mom with Cf has its very real challenges that do have some similarities.
Like I said, my husband also has an extremely demanding job that takes him away from us alot.
I may not agree with all other moms/families decisions (I don't agree with the decisions that some moms in my own family have made at times!), but I really feel that mothers should stick up for mothers. There is just too much judgment out there. It takes a village/community to raise a child. And I'm for any mom that is not afraid to selflessly fight for her kids, even if I may not agree with all her decisions.

mamaScarlett

Gina,
Since YOUR thread on YOUR family and YOUR issues continues to be rudely usurped, I for one want to speak up and say that I am always here to PM if you need to rant, look for tips from other moms, etc. I do not have children with Cf, but being a mom with Cf has its very real challenges that do have some similarities.
Like I said, my husband also has an extremely demanding job that takes him away from us alot.
I may not agree with all other moms/families decisions (I don't agree with the decisions that some moms in my own family have made at times!), but I really feel that mothers should stick up for mothers. There is just too much judgment out there. It takes a village/community to raise a child. And I'm for any mom that is not afraid to selflessly fight for her kids, even if I may not agree with all her decisions.

mamaScarlett

Gina,
<br />Since YOUR thread on YOUR family and YOUR issues continues to be rudely usurped, I for one want to speak up and say that I am always here to PM if you need to rant, look for tips from other moms, etc. I do not have children with Cf, but being a mom with Cf has its very real challenges that do have some similarities.
<br />Like I said, my husband also has an extremely demanding job that takes him away from us alot.
<br />I may not agree with all other moms/families decisions (I don't agree with the decisions that some moms in my own family have made at times!), but I really feel that mothers should stick up for mothers. There is just too much judgment out there. It takes a village/community to raise a child. And I'm for any mom that is not afraid to selflessly fight for her kids, even if I may not agree with all her decisions.

Havoc

I hate that people cannot express their opinions without being flamed. Leave your emotions at the door please.

Havoc

I hate that people cannot express their opinions without being flamed. Leave your emotions at the door please.

Havoc

Lief

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Cerulean</b></i>

Your happiness in trade for a child's health, suffering, and well-being.What makes matter worse, is that that child had no choice in this matter.</end quote></div>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Havoc</b></i>

I hate that people cannot express their opinions without being flamed. Leave your emotions at the door please.</end quote></div>

Quoted For Truth!

Lief

Your happiness in trade for a child's health, suffering, and well-being.What makes matter worse, is that that child had no choice in this matter.</end quote>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Havoc</b></i>

I hate that people cannot express their opinions without being flamed. Leave your emotions at the door please.</end quote>

Quoted For Truth!

Lief

<br />
<br />Your happiness in trade for a child's health, suffering, and well-being.What makes matter worse, is that that child had no choice in this matter.</end quote>
<br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Havoc</b></i>
<br />
<br />I hate that people cannot express their opinions without being flamed. Leave your emotions at the door please.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />Quoted For Truth!

julie

Come on guys, this isn't what the OP was asking though.

If you can't contribute in giving her assistance RELATED to her initial post/question, they please don't respond. This isn't about "not beign able to express your opinions" or anything of that matter. It boils down to two fundamental concepts.
1. Will your response provide some sort of answer the OP is asking and
2. Is your response on task
Neither is true for your case.

Attacking someone (whether or not you see it that way), especially after they express that they are exhausted and struggling and looking for assistance, and criticizing them about their life choices isn't going to benefit anyone.

If you want to hash out this topic (and honestly I see nothing wrong with discussing this, although I have a different viewpoint than yours) create your own thread to discuss it. You've contributed nothing worthwhile yet to assist the OP with her questions.

julie

If you can't contribute in giving her assistance RELATED to her initial post/question, they please don't respond. This isn't about "not beign able to express your opinions" or anything of that matter. It boils down to two fundamental concepts.
1. Will your response provide some sort of answer the OP is asking and
2. Is your response on task
Neither is true for your case.

Attacking someone (whether or not you see it that way), especially after they express that they are exhausted and struggling and looking for assistance, and criticizing them about their life choices isn't going to benefit anyone.

If you want to hash out this topic (and honestly I see nothing wrong with discussing this, although I have a different viewpoint than yours) create your own thread to discuss it. You've contributed nothing worthwhile yet to assist the OP with her questions.

julie

<br />
<br />If you can't contribute in giving her assistance RELATED to her initial post/question, they please don't respond. This isn't about "not beign able to express your opinions" or anything of that matter. It boils down to two fundamental concepts.
<br />1. Will your response provide some sort of answer the OP is asking and
<br />2. Is your response on task
<br />Neither is true for your case.
<br />
<br />Attacking someone (whether or not you see it that way), especially after they express that they are exhausted and struggling and looking for assistance, and criticizing them about their life choices isn't going to benefit anyone.
<br />
<br />If you want to hash out this topic (and honestly I see nothing wrong with discussing this, although I have a different viewpoint than yours) create your own thread to discuss it. You've contributed nothing worthwhile yet to assist the OP with her questions.

Cerulean

Yet Julie, you continue to contribute to the hijacking of this threat and not let the issue drop. Very self-righteous and hypocritical of you.

Cerulean

Yet Julie, you continue to contribute to the hijacking of this threat and not let the issue drop. Very self-righteous and hypocritical of you.

Cerulean

julie

Cerulean,
Check yourself dear, I'm neither self-righteous or hypocritical. If you gander a few posts back, you will see I asked the OP some questions because I am doing some research on assistance programs/opportunities in her state.
My response did provide guidance for the OP and I will get some answers for her as soon as I hear back from NY Social health services.

As for the 2nd portion of the fundamental concepts, you are right, that particular post to you definitely was not "on task". However, it was a kind request/reminder of what this forum is here for, and I didn't attack you personally or anything that you have been posting about thusfar. And an attempt to get this thread back "on task".

There is nothing stopping you from starting your own thread about this topic, "rolling the dice" "taking the chance". It's been discussed before IN ITS OWN THREAD and actually with much civility. So if you have anything further to say about the matter, please, please do so on a thread you create regarding the topic. You are absolutely entitled to your own opinion, this is just not the appropriate thread in which to discuss it.

julie

Cerulean,
Check yourself dear, I'm neither self-righteous or hypocritical. If you gander a few posts back, you will see I asked the OP some questions because I am doing some research on assistance programs/opportunities in her state.
My response did provide guidance for the OP and I will get some answers for her as soon as I hear back from NY Social health services.

As for the 2nd portion of the fundamental concepts, you are right, that particular post to you definitely was not "on task". However, it was a kind request/reminder of what this forum is here for, and I didn't attack you personally or anything that you have been posting about thusfar. And an attempt to get this thread back "on task".

There is nothing stopping you from starting your own thread about this topic, "rolling the dice" "taking the chance". It's been discussed before IN ITS OWN THREAD and actually with much civility. So if you have anything further to say about the matter, please, please do so on a thread you create regarding the topic. You are absolutely entitled to your own opinion, this is just not the appropriate thread in which to discuss it.