MEETING WITH THE SCHOOL NURSE

MOME2RT

Besides the enzymes, what all should I tell her today when I meet with her. Im taking his acapella to show her & will tell her to watch out for excess coughing etc. I gave the school a book about cf in the classroom, & Ill take one to the nurse as well.

My social worker at the clinic reminded me to ask her to try & keep the "sick" kids away from Reece while hes in there taking meds etc. Am I forgetting anything?

MOME2RT

Besides the enzymes, what all should I tell her today when I meet with her. Im taking his acapella to show her & will tell her to watch out for excess coughing etc. I gave the school a book about cf in the classroom, & Ill take one to the nurse as well.

My social worker at the clinic reminded me to ask her to try & keep the "sick" kids away from Reece while hes in there taking meds etc. Am I forgetting anything?

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

Emily65Roses

Do they know that if he needs to eat (even if it isn't "snack time" or lunch), he should be allowed? That was one thing my nurse knew. Regardless of the time of day, if I needed to eat, I was allowed to eat. No questions asked. They should be aware of that.

Oh and do they know that if he needs to go to the bathroom, he should be allowed? Even if it isn't "break time" or he's already had a trip to the bathroom or whatever, if he needs to go, they let him go. Period. And that he might be in there longer than is "normal" ? My teachers always knew that if I needed to go, they let me go, no matter what we were doing. They also knew never sent any kids to "check" on me or anything (how embarrassing!) because I was fine and I'd be out when I was done.

Emily65Roses

Do they know that if he needs to eat (even if it isn't "snack time" or lunch), he should be allowed? That was one thing my nurse knew. Regardless of the time of day, if I needed to eat, I was allowed to eat. No questions asked. They should be aware of that.

Oh and do they know that if he needs to go to the bathroom, he should be allowed? Even if it isn't "break time" or he's already had a trip to the bathroom or whatever, if he needs to go, they let him go. Period. And that he might be in there longer than is "normal" ? My teachers always knew that if I needed to go, they let me go, no matter what we were doing. They also knew never sent any kids to "check" on me or anything (how embarrassing!) because I was fine and I'd be out when I was done.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

janddburke

I asked that Jess be able to carry a water bottle and drink when necessary. something not generally accepted during class time.
also, she was able to get up for tissues when required without waiting for specific permission.
nothing unreasonable, but unfortunately necessary to ask.
--Debbie

janddburke

I asked that Jess be able to carry a water bottle and drink when necessary. something not generally accepted during class time.
also, she was able to get up for tissues when required without waiting for specific permission.
--Debbie

janddburke

--Debbie

janddburke

--Debbie

janddburke

--Debbie

MOME2RT

I just got back frommeeting his school nurse. She was wonderful. Made me feel comfortable leaving Reece in her care. There are 2 nurses, well one is a back up & she said she has taken care of Cfers in middle school. She seems to take pride in caring for asmactics & CFers. (phew)

She let me know that she cares for stomas on a general basis, that was her expertise at her job. So that makes me feel easy, if anything happens to Reeces' mickey button, she'll know what to do. She asked that I leave a back up button with her. She also is gonna set up a conference with the school dietian (who knew) about snacks etc. She seemed like the "grandma" type. That would take extra care of you. Atleast thats what I got from the meeting. She took us on a tour of the kindergarten hall & we got to meet the 3 teachers he might have.....dont know which one yet. (that stinks, but should be anyday now) She showed us the cafeteria, the library & the gym.

The schools orentation is Fri. 10~12 but Reece has an appt at 10:45am...what timing! So I guess we wont be going to taht. Im glad the nurse took us around today.

MOME2RT

I just got back frommeeting his school nurse. She was wonderful. Made me feel comfortable leaving Reece in her care. There are 2 nurses, well one is a back up & she said she has taken care of Cfers in middle school. She seems to take pride in caring for asmactics & CFers. (phew)

She let me know that she cares for stomas on a general basis, that was her expertise at her job. So that makes me feel easy, if anything happens to Reeces' mickey button, she'll know what to do. She asked that I leave a back up button with her. She also is gonna set up a conference with the school dietian (who knew) about snacks etc. She seemed like the "grandma" type. That would take extra care of you. Atleast thats what I got from the meeting. She took us on a tour of the kindergarten hall & we got to meet the 3 teachers he might have.....dont know which one yet. (that stinks, but should be anyday now) She showed us the cafeteria, the library & the gym.

The schools orentation is Fri. 10~12 but Reece has an appt at 10:45am...what timing! So I guess we wont be going to taht. Im glad the nurse took us around today.

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

MOME2RT