Megace aka Megestrol Acetate

BSJCA

Thanks for all of the replies. Actually, theLostMiler, I like long detailed responses - the more information the better. I don't feel quite as nervous about it now. This morning it was a definate no-go, but now I think I'll talk to my doctor about starting at a lower dose and moving up slowly. Again, thanks a bunch!

BSJCA

Thanks for all of the replies. Actually, theLostMiler, I like long detailed responses - the more information the better. I don't feel quite as nervous about it now. This morning it was a definate no-go, but now I think I'll talk to my doctor about starting at a lower dose and moving up slowly. Again, thanks a bunch!

BSJCA

BSJCA

BSJCA

Liza

BSJCA, No, the hair loss was not permanent. The photo in my signature was taken on Jan.2, 2010. I'll post a better one where you can see her hair better. I just updated my signature picture, the one that was there before today you could see better.

Liza

BSJCA, No, the hair loss was not permanent. The photo in my signature was taken on Jan.2, 2010. I'll post a better one where you can see her hair better. I just updated my signature picture, the one that was there before today you could see better.

Liza

Liza

Liza

J

jrotier

I have taken Megace on 2 different occasions. For me, it's not that I am close to a g-tube, it is that I have no appetite.

I have a lot of sinus issues and as a result, have no sense of taste or smell. I am obviously underweight, and we were just looking for some options for appetite stimulant. Periactin dried me up too much, Marinol made me feel funny.

Megace worked wonders, but really screwed up my montly cycle. At first, i just thought it was because I was sick, but I did some reserach and found that skipped periods can happen. Even after a month, I never "got regular." What worried my even more was that my clinic didn't seem to know about this. I stopped it on my own. I agreed to try it again a few months ago but got the same result. I will be talking to them again at my next visit. Since my husband and I are contemplating pregnancy, I need to have a regular cycle, as well as the fact that it says you are not supposed to take Megace if trying to become pregnant.

I did notice that in the shower, there was more hair in the drain than usual, but this resolved once I stopped the drug.

That being said, I would use it again later down the road if needed. It really worked well for me.

Hope this helps!

J

jrotier

I have taken Megace on 2 different occasions. For me, it's not that I am close to a g-tube, it is that I have no appetite.

I have a lot of sinus issues and as a result, have no sense of taste or smell. I am obviously underweight, and we were just looking for some options for appetite stimulant. Periactin dried me up too much, Marinol made me feel funny.

Megace worked wonders, but really screwed up my montly cycle. At first, i just thought it was because I was sick, but I did some reserach and found that skipped periods can happen. Even after a month, I never "got regular." What worried my even more was that my clinic didn't seem to know about this. I stopped it on my own. I agreed to try it again a few months ago but got the same result. I will be talking to them again at my next visit. Since my husband and I are contemplating pregnancy, I need to have a regular cycle, as well as the fact that it says you are not supposed to take Megace if trying to become pregnant.

I did notice that in the shower, there was more hair in the drain than usual, but this resolved once I stopped the drug.

That being said, I would use it again later down the road if needed. It really worked well for me.

Hope this helps!

J

jrotier

Hope this helps!

J

jrotier

Hope this helps!

J

jrotier

<br />
<br />I have a lot of sinus issues and as a result, have no sense of taste or smell. I am obviously underweight, and we were just looking for some options for appetite stimulant. Periactin dried me up too much, Marinol made me feel funny.
<br />
<br />Megace worked wonders, but really screwed up my montly cycle. At first, i just thought it was because I was sick, but I did some reserach and found that skipped periods can happen. Even after a month, I never "got regular." What worried my even more was that my clinic didn't seem to know about this. I stopped it on my own. I agreed to try it again a few months ago but got the same result. I will be talking to them again at my next visit. Since my husband and I are contemplating pregnancy, I need to have a regular cycle, as well as the fact that it says you are not supposed to take Megace if trying to become pregnant.
<br />
<br />I did notice that in the shower, there was more hair in the drain than usual, but this resolved once I stopped the drug.
<br />
<br />That being said, I would use it again later down the road if needed. It really worked well for me.
<br />
<br />Hope this helps!

jennifer01

i just recently stopped taking megase because i have reached a good weight. i have been on for 2 months and i put on 25 lbs. i was 115 and now i am 140. wow! LOL! I had no idea that it could mess up ur cycle!!! i thought that i was pregnant at first then i thought that it was stress. then i was like i have to call the dr. and my dr didn't tell me that it could be the med. that makes me mad. but over all it works and i would take the med again.

jennifer01

i just recently stopped taking megase because i have reached a good weight. i have been on for 2 months and i put on 25 lbs. i was 115 and now i am 140. wow! LOL! I had no idea that it could mess up ur cycle!!! i thought that i was pregnant at first then i thought that it was stress. then i was like i have to call the dr. and my dr didn't tell me that it could be the med. that makes me mad. but over all it works and i would take the med again.

jennifer01

jennifer01

jennifer01