Mild and Rare Cases...where are you?

mamerth

I too have hard time relating to the stuff talked about. My CF was diagnosed mild (rare mutation). My lung functions are high (99%) and oxygen levels run high (normally). Hospitalized for surgeries only and a PICC once. I also don't do a lot of treatments (flutter and inhaler). I take enzymes and vitamins. It is weird to not need more medicines (and still have the disease).

Sometimes I feel like if I was "more sick" I would feel like I "belong more". Weird I know.

My dad always said that I am always on the edge of getting sick. Daily care and prevention is the key.

mamerth

I too have hard time relating to the stuff talked about. My CF was diagnosed mild (rare mutation). My lung functions are high (99%) and oxygen levels run high (normally). Hospitalized for surgeries only and a PICC once. I also don't do a lot of treatments (flutter and inhaler). I take enzymes and vitamins. It is weird to not need more medicines (and still have the disease).

Sometimes I feel like if I was "more sick" I would feel like I "belong more". Weird I know.

My dad always said that I am always on the edge of getting sick. Daily care and prevention is the key.

mamerth

mamerth

wanderlost

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>sakasuka</b></i>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>lmattaway</b></i>

And my running has produced more out of my lungs than any vest might, which is why I keep it up.

</end quote></div>

I'm wondering if you've read any of the literature on this. Using High Frequency Chest Compression vs. exercise alone. You said you keep yourself well educated so I'd love to hear about any informatoin you've come across on this.

In addition, I'm curious if you've measured your sputum production, objectively, while doing the Vest vs. when you exercise. If so, what have your results been?</end quote></div>

You know Amy, I have read that stuff, and I have to say, now that I can compare having had the Vest for the past 8 months, that NOTHING cleaned my lungs out like swimming did (serious swimming - 2.5 hour work outs, not just paddling around the pool). The Vest does nothing similar for me at all, which is why I think if the OP is a serious runner she should definitely keep that up. I think it will get her much better results than the Vest.

However, now that I rarely have time for a 2.5 hour serious workout, I use my Vest daily. And I have recenlty begun running (real recent - I am going to run in a triathalon with my son in 26 days and I need to get in shape!), so I will be able to see how the Vest AND exercise bode for the old bod (plus I just started TOBI - so we'll see what happens)...anyway, my whole point in this ramble, is I can comparatively say, despite the studies, that for me, serious exercise beats out the Vest anytime.

wanderlost

And my running has produced more out of my lungs than any vest might, which is why I keep it up.

</end quote></div>

I'm wondering if you've read any of the literature on this. Using High Frequency Chest Compression vs. exercise alone. You said you keep yourself well educated so I'd love to hear about any informatoin you've come across on this.

In addition, I'm curious if you've measured your sputum production, objectively, while doing the Vest vs. when you exercise. If so, what have your results been?</end quote></div>

You know Amy, I have read that stuff, and I have to say, now that I can compare having had the Vest for the past 8 months, that NOTHING cleaned my lungs out like swimming did (serious swimming - 2.5 hour work outs, not just paddling around the pool). The Vest does nothing similar for me at all, which is why I think if the OP is a serious runner she should definitely keep that up. I think it will get her much better results than the Vest.

However, now that I rarely have time for a 2.5 hour serious workout, I use my Vest daily. And I have recenlty begun running (real recent - I am going to run in a triathalon with my son in 26 days and I need to get in shape!), so I will be able to see how the Vest AND exercise bode for the old bod (plus I just started TOBI - so we'll see what happens)...anyway, my whole point in this ramble, is I can comparatively say, despite the studies, that for me, serious exercise beats out the Vest anytime.

wanderlost

</end quote></div>

wanderlost

</end quote></div>

wanderlost

</end quote>

In addition, I'm curious if you've measured your sputum production, objectively, while doing the Vest vs. when you exercise. If so, what have your results been?</end quote>

wanderlost

</end quote>

In addition, I'm curious if you've measured your sputum production, objectively, while doing the Vest vs. when you exercise. If so, what have your results been?</end quote>

Sakem

<u> that's when you know you're playing the CF game right </u></end quote></div>

CF is no game, you really should choose your words more carful for those of us you perfer not to live their CF by like some Roulette wheel with Vegas odds

Sakem

<u> that's when you know you're playing the CF game right </u></end quote></div>

CF is no game, you really should choose your words more carful for those of us you perfer not to live their CF by like some Roulette wheel with Vegas odds

Sakem

Sakem

Sakem

<u> that's when you know you're playing the CF game right </u></end quote>

Sakem

<u> that's when you know you're playing the CF game right </u></end quote>

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Sakem</b></i>

you really should choose your words more carful for those of us you perfer not to live their CF by like some Roulette wheel with Vegas odds</end quote></div>

i'll take "Things I Won't Do" for 500 please Alex

NoExcuses

you really should choose your words more carful for those of us you perfer not to live their CF by like some Roulette wheel with Vegas odds</end quote></div>

NoExcuses

NoExcuses